Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Friend Mail From Julie!

I received a Fall Friendship Box from Julie the other day.  As soon as my pokey stores get their fall stuff stocked and I find what I'm looking for, I'll be sending one out to her too.  But let's take a look at what she shared with me.

A lovely little card and note, as well as a CD of medieval type music that she burned for me.  I've been listening to it all afternoon while I try to catch up on bloggy stuff!

These crow picks are so cute.  I'm kinda digging the crow decorations this fall.  Hubby and I bought a couple of those outdoor scarecrows that have crow faces.  These little guys will get poked into some fall flowers somewhere around the house.

Hubby thought this was the coolest thing in the box.  It's a little metal bell decoration.  Not sure where it will hang just yet, perhaps right by the door.

I thought this was the coolest thing.  I'd seen these rocks at Dollar Tree, even bought one last year, but had never seen one with a fox on it.  LOVE!  Not sure if I'll set this outside or keep it inside.

I knew I was getting this set of stamps, and I'm so happy!  She kinda had to tell me because I was nattering about going and grabbing all the stamp sets.  lol  If you saw my recent Target haul, you know I have all three sets now.

I was surprised to see this tiny jar of cream from Moonalisa.  I've always known Moonalisa as one of those impossible ones to order from, so to share what you manage to get is kind of a big deal.  (Maybe things have changed since I last tried?)  I have no idea what the scent description is but I mainly smell popcorn.  Not sure I want to smell like popcorn but I'll give it a try.

She always includes fun candies and treats.  A long time ago I'd wanted to try all the flavors of this Project 7 gourmet gum but I can only ever find the same two boring flavors around here.  Julie manages to find different ones.  This time it's yummy Rainbow Ice.
 
And of course there is wax to share!
That's what crazy waxy bloggy friends do! 


Lasting Scent Candles / Beignets - 'Deep fried Louisiana donuts covered in powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar.'
Let me tell you!  This guy was messy trying to get out to take the pic and then get back in the baggie!  Lasting Scents has always been known to be oily and messy, so it wasn't a surprise, but wow.  It smells delicious though, and I kinda want to eat it.
 
Lasting Scent Candles / Buttery Blueberry Waffles - 'Waffle loaded with blueberries, butter and blueberry syrup on top.'
Another delicious one, with a sort of blueberry muffin note that's quickly nudged out of the way by the heavier buttered waffles. 

Lasting Scent Candles / Buttermilk Honey - [no scent description]
Look at that cute little ghost with a broken butt.  This reminds me of a toned down version of Wild Mountain Honey.  WMH on its own it too overpowering and floral for me.  The buttermilk in this really tones it down and gives it a bit of a creaminess.  It still might be a bit too much for me but hubby might like it.

Rosegirls / Pumpkin Pie Shake - [no scent description]
This is one I'd wanted to order but I'd also been disappointed in the performance I was getting from Rosegirls so I'd decided to stop ordering for a while.  I'm happy to be able to try this!  It's a really nice pumpkin pie scent, warmly spiced, and softened by that signature Rosegirls creaminess.

Rosegirls / Caramel Apple French Toast - [no scent description]
I think this was also available in that same opening.  Mmmm, I mainly get nice, juicy apples with a hint of caramel lurking in there.  I don't get any French toast on cold sniff, and even if it never shows up, it's still an awesome fall scent.

Rosegirls / Lemon Supreme - [no scent description]
She knows I love lemon scents!  This is bright and yummy.  The lemon is sweet, but tart, reminding me of Lemonheads candies.  And then there is that Rosegirls creaminess again.

Dessa's Homespun Scents / Cinnamon Buns - 'Delicious baked buns loaded with cinnamon and sugar and generously topped with sweet buttery icing.'
I do enjoy Dessa's, and I think I've even had this scent.  I mainly get a cinnamon note right now on cold sniff, with perhaps a hint of that buttery icing.
 
Dessa's Homespun Scents / Pumpkin Apple Butter Caramel - 'We have blended our delicious pumpkin pie with our amazing Apple Butter Caramel. Can you say yum! A Homespun Original House Blend.'
I think this might one of the new ones, and I had never gone back and placed that second order for the new scents, so this is nice to have.  On cold sniff I get a mix of everything but the apple is the strongest note.  The caramel is sitting lightly in the middle, and the pumpkin is sort of dancing around the other notes teasingly.
 
Candy Panda / Lemon Ice Cream Scoop Bread - 'Lemon bread with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream.'
This is a really nice gently lemony bakery scent.
 
Kitty's Konfections / Virgin Who Can't Drive - 'Cotton candy and iced lemon cookie.'
This one is sort of candy sweet.  I don't really get lemon.  It's almost more like lime to me, like candied fruits or something.  But there is a bit of creaminess and just a hint of bakery warmth to keep it from being too sickly sweet.

That is my box of goodies from the lovely Julie, who always shares so generously and listens to me whine endlessly.  
Thank you so much, for everything!
Seriously.

4 comments:

  1. Hey hey hey! That stuff looks familiar! Glad you liked the goodies. The fox rock was too cute to not send. I had wanted to fancy it up but was afraid I would mess it up instead. LSC Beignets are so yummy. I am loving them.

    And you do not whine. You are my friend and I want to be there for you, like you are for me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do whine. *sigh*

      The fox rock has found a home on the top shelf of my desk, right in the corner that everyone passes by. It's so cute the way it is, no extra fancying up was needed. =)

      Thanks again!
      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. How wonderful! I got one of Julie's goodie boxes too! She is so thoughtful in customizing the contents to people's likes. I love your fox rock; that is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does pay attention, and she finds the most fun things!

      ~Deb

      Delete