Saturday, September 10, 2016

Haul - Beezy Tarts

I rarely order from Beezy Tarts, and the only reason I did this time was because some of us waxy bloggy people happened to be chatting on Facebook when he opened.  Their arm twisting and peer pressure made me do it.

It's just a small order because I knew I'd have tons of fall and winter scents by the time this one arrived.  So let's just take a look.

Pumpkin Milkshake - 'Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream with hints of Spiced Pumpkin Puree.'
This was the main reason I ordered.  And not long after I placed this order, Rosegirls had an opening that featured Pumpkin Pie Shake (or whatever the actual name was).  I have both here now so I did a cold sniff comparison.  They do not smell anything alike.  I prefer the Rosegirls version.  Beezy's version is does not have the warmth, depth, or creaminess.  I mainly get a light vanilla ice cream note, with a hint of that pumpkin puree tang, but not much else.  Hopefully it blooms when warmed.

Cranberry Crunch Bars - [no scent description]
This one reminded me a bit of Cranberry Cobbler (from Sweet Fixations) when I first sniffed it, but when I did an actual comparison, they're not the same.  This one is nice, and cranberry scent that's sort of in between the spiced type that I love and the perfumey type that I hate.  There is a hint of bakery note.  It's more of a bright fall bakery scent than a warm and cozy one.

Vanilla Frosted Grahams - 'Vanilla Frosted Graham Crackers with hints of Raisins and Cinnamon. Delish!'
I've had this type of scent from a couple other vendors and enjoyed it so when I saw it at Beezy's I went ahead and grabbed it.  Mmmm, it's such a cozy scent, warm and homey without being too heavy.  It's like if you stuck your nose in a freshly opened box of graham crackers, the cinnamon kind because there is just a wee hint of spice in this.  Love this.
 
Beezy Bakery Shop - 'Sweet Grahams, Cake, Sugar and Sweet Cream all whipped together, topped with a Sweet Vanilla Frosting.'
 Another graham cracker scent, this one has a slight 'sour' note, like if there was cream cheese involved or something.  It also seems like this has a hint of molasses.  Definitely note the same as the previous one, this one is much darker and heavier.  I prefer the Vanilla Frosted Grahams by far.

Marshmallow Peppermint - 'Sweet Peppermint, Fluffy Marshmallow Cream, and French Vanilla.'
A good vanilla-mint is probably my favorite scent for Christmas so I had to try a couple from Beezy.  This one is okay but not quite what I'm looking for.  There is a heavy cream note, and the mint is a bit harsh in the background.

Peppermint Meringue - 'Peppermint Meringue, Marshmallow Fluff, Coconut Milk, Whipped Cream, Vanilla Sugar, Starlight Mints, Crème De Menthe, Pure peppermint, and Creamy Meringue.'
 But this one, ohhhhh my gosh.  LOVE this one!!!!  The mint is soft and sweet.  The vanilla is soft and sweet.  The notes blend seamlessly together to make a wonderful soft vanilla-mint scent that's nearly perfect for me during Christmas.  I should have gotten about a gazillion of these.  This is definitely my favorite of this small order.

Baked Apples - [no scent description]
This was a freebie with my order.  Freebies are always appreciated because they often enlighten you to scents you might not have otherwise tried or noticed.  I thought this would be an awesome scent for these early fall days but sadly, no.  I don't get any apple note on cold sniff.  The only thing I'm getting is a strong note of something like nutmeg or clove or one of those spices I'm not fond of.  Bummer.

Beezy Tarts has become one of those open/close, long TAT vendors.  No matter how I try, and no matter how many times my waxy friends try to teach me to "Just order and then forget about it," I can't.  I just don't like doing it that way.  When I forget 'Oh, I have an order of 75 different fall scents coming sometime this year,' I go to other places and order 76 fall scents that I'm excited to get right away.  Long TATs just don't work for me.

I placed this order on June 6 and received it on September 9.  The tart cups are 2 oz. and cost $1.85 each.  My order arrived in a padded envelope inside a padded envelope and I paid $6.80 for shipping.

Are you a Beezy fan?
(Yes, Sunnee, we all know YOU are.  hehe)



8 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I'm all warm and fuzzy inside. I love him, I love Beezy, I can't help it.
    BUT - I didn't realize his TAT had gotten so long. I guess I haven't ordered from him since I've slowed down significantly in my wax purchases. I give you kudos for having the foresight to order fall scents because these sure did fall in your lap at the perfect time.
    Maybe I need to write him another love letter to boost his tart production juices ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's not his tart production juices your love letters are boosting. *nudgenudge*

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I ended up not being super in love with the Pumpkin Milkshake. I did love most of the others in my order though. These did take super long to get this time. I will have to keep an eye out for his Peppermint Meringue. Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to dig my winter stash out and compare it to all my other vanilla-mints. I need to find a favorite and stock up. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I love Beezy but hate long TAT too, so I only order when I can catch a RTS opening, which is usually like once a year. I just placed an order last week. His tarts throw like a beast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had more Beezy through the generosity of my waxy bloggy friends than I've ever ordered myself. I don't remember much about them though, whether I loved them or hated them, whether they were strong or weak. Beezy is just one that slips under my radar. I'd probably never check his site at all if not for Sunnee's undying love for him...and her nudging when he's open. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Buahahaha, we are such an evil enabling group of friends, aren't we? :)

    In quite a few of the wax groups on Facebook people were commenting that this particular opening seemed to have a much longer TAT than others. Of COURSE that's opening you ordered for. LOL!

    I'm being a good girl and aiming my monthly allowances towards other adventures... like stickers for my Happy planner I convinced my mom to pick up for me... <_< >_> "Don't pick up too many new hobbies while you're in South Korea, self, you'll end up exceeding the household goods shipping allowance!" Riiiight... about that.

    Please tell us how Peppermint Meringue performs! It sounds like a delectable scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH?! You're going with the Happy Planner instead?! Yay! You'll do a post when you get it, right? RIGHT?! I don't know why I'm so excited about this.

      I won't melt the Peppermint Meringue until after Thanksgiving but okee dokee, I'll be sure to do a Melted post. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete