Sunday, September 11, 2016

Melted - Better Homes & Gardens / Candied Caramel Apple

Candied Caramel Apple - [no scent description]

This was my absolute favorite caramel apple scent for several years but BHG hasn't released it for a couple years now.  I'm not sure if it's out with a new name now or what.  I did not buy Sweet Candied Apples, which is out this year.  I don't even know if I sniffed it to compare.  But anyway, I melted the last two cubes of this that I'd been hoarding for some time.  It's still an absolutely delicious caramel apple scent.  The apple notes are just a bit stronger than the caramel, all juicy and happy.  The caramel is smooth and sweet and creamy, with just a hint of warmth.  It's the salty caramel that is so popular this year.  This was just such a super nice fall blend.

I melted two cubes (0.8 oz worth) in my Glade hot plate warmer and had strong, long lasting scent.

I'm sad to see this old favorite go but I've come across some nice caramel apple scents from indie vendors now, so I think I'll have some decent replacements.


2 comments:

  1. Was this your last one in it? I brought home quite a few tarts from Walmart recently and look forward to melting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, this was my last two cubes. *sigh*

      It's funny, I have so many BHG / Scentsationals, but I keep pushing them aside and melting everything else. It's supposed to be like 'Save the best for last,' but usually ends up 'Ooops, didn't get to it this year.'

      ~Deb

      Delete