Saturday, September 17, 2016

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Pumpkin Apple Butter Caramel

Pumpkin Apple Butter Caramel - 'We have blended our delicious pumpkin pie with our amazing Apple Butter Caramel. Can you say yum! A Homespun Original House Blend.'
This sounds amazing but, sadly, I did not like this one at all.  I couldn't even leave the warmer going more than about a half an hour.  On cold sniff I had detected that salty note that I just don't care for, but thought it might not be all that strong.  Warmed though, that salty note grew and grew, and when mixed with the sort of sour tang note you get from pumpkin sometimes, it was just gross to me.  To top it all off, I was getting hints of something smelling like burning rubber, like when a belt runs hot in a small engine or something.  I know other people are crazy about this scent, but for me it just didn't work.
I melted half of this tart (about 0.8 oz worth) in my tea light warmer and had strong scent.  Too bad I just didn't like it.
[This was a gift.]

4 comments:

  1. Oh man! Sounds like a stink bomb for sure. I am sorry :-( I would have tossed it for sure instead of sending to you to endure if I had known it was going to be a nasty tricksy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that salty note, or whatever it is. I know plenty of people love the types of scents that have it, like popcorn and zucpukey, so for those types of people this is probably still an awesome scent. Just not for me.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I went immediately to my inbox to see if this was in my order last week. The description would have possibly gotten me to give it a chance. Luckily, no, I passed on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you like zucchini, so this might still be one you'd like. It's that salty note that kills it for me.

      ~Deb

      Delete