Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Natters - Sept. 7 / Small Haul & Cards


Well hello there!  How have you all been lately?  I've been crazy, and frazzled, and scattered, and stressed.  I backed out of the Fall Fun Series because it seemed overwhelming, like the straw that broke the camel's back when combined with my million other little stresses.  Work is still up and down and nonstop drama.  BUT . . . I think things might finally be slowing down in my brain now.  Today was the first time in a long time I felt like I could think clearly and not feel like I was being stretched in a million directions.

My mom is still coming along nicely.  She's been practicing with a cane but still uses the walker for the most part.  I've seen her take a few steps without any support, like from her kitchen table to the nearby counter.  Her gait is much more normal and she's standing more upright, not leaning forward so much on the walker.  I didn't think she would but maybe she will indeed get back to just using a cane!

The latest word about my work hours changing is that we are for sure going back to a regular 8 hour / 5 days a week schedule.  Still not sure when because they're waiting to hear from corporate on just how to post and award the job positions.  I'm thinking we'll be on the new schedule sometime in October.  I'm so ready for it.  I mean, I'll greatly mourn the loss of my days off, but I think getting out of there at 3pm and avoiding all the drama of 2nd shift will be a HUUUUUUGE relief to me.  Still not quite sure how to work in going to my mom's though.  And I haven't even mentioned this upcoming change to her yet, just so she doesn't starting worrying.

We've have some glorious fall weather days for the past week or so.  Nights and mornings have been chilly and damp.  I even had to use the heater in my car a little bit a couple mornings.  Daytime temps were only in the 70s.  Leaves are just starting to change.  It's been fabulous.  And then yesterday we shot back up to 87 degrees and humidity.  We had rain yesterday and all day today.  There were flood warnings in the area.  But at least it cooled back down today, and looks like it'll stay back down in the 70s for the next week.  Yay!

I went back to Target yesterday while in town with my mom.  I wanted to see if there was any more ink yet.  No, there wasn't, but I did grab a few other things.

I grabbed on pack of the wooden leaf stickers I mentioned in a previous post.  There were a couple other packs with different things in, one of them having pumpkins and acorns.  I didn't grab them though because they also had a lot of large letters that I didn't know what I'd ever do with.  So yeah, just grabbed this one pack of leaves.

Didn't find more ink but did finally find the little pumpkin shaped notepad!  AND a Halloween-y black kitty notepad!

Grabbed two pairs of Halloween-y fuzzy socks.  They are so soft!  There were a couple other designs too, and a lot of cute designs in non-fuzzy style but those looked smaller.  I have big feet.  I need big socks.  lol

I had not seen these the other times I was there!  These are ceramic, and small.  The while one is only maybe two or three inches tall.  I'm digging the white pumpkins lately!  I've seen white ceramic critters in haul videos, including a fox, but I didn't think I wanted one until now.  I'll have to see if there any foxes next time I'm there.

Then over at Walmart I grabbed this pad of Halloween papers.  I'd seen it last time but hadn't liked the designs enough at the time.  I had a change of heart at some point though, and grabbed when I was back in the store with my mom.

Also grabbed this Farm Apple Pumpkin, which I hadn't realized I didn't have this year.  I'd been thinking I had some left over from last year.  It's funny, my store has about ten thousand packs of this scent on an end cap for some reason.  They're not on sale or anything.  Maybe it was a big seller last year?

You might know I'm giving card making another try.  I spent part of yesterday and today sorting through my supplies and making a few cards.  I'm pretty excited about it all again, and that scares me.  I want to dive in and get one of the various die cut machines, and stamps, and all the crafty things.  It's very exciting for me again, but I'm leery because I always crash hard after this high and end up rage quitting.  I'm feeling good about it all so far though, so I wanted to share the few cards I've made.

(It was a gray and rainy day today so lighting was rather crappy.  These pics aren't doing the cards colorful justice but you at least get the idea.)

I should have practiced with the stamps on scrap paper.  Oops.  Even so, it kind of looks okay, like a rustic charm.
 

What do you think?
Which is your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear about your mother's improvements and I hope your new work schedule will be a positive change for you. I love all the cute little fall knick knacks you found and your cards are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. =)
      The new work schedule can't come soon enough at this point. Ugh. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. The last fall one with the leaf is my favorite. Cute cards! Hoping the new schedule fits you better. I am sure your mom will understand. You could scoot out there after work one day maybe or during the weekend. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one too. That orange washi along the bottom was actually salvaged from a package you sent. (I think it was you?!) It's funny too because I'm just not finding a way to incorporate washi into these cards. Washi might not be my thing after all.

      ~Deb

      Delete