Thursday, October 13, 2016

Blogtober - Day 13


It was my day off today and it was quite lovely and uneventful for once.  It was also cold!  We got down to 32 degrees over night.  Casey, who works 3rd shift, had to scrape is his car windows this morning.  I did not get the Halloween lights strung up outside because it was chilly and wet, and I just didn't feel like doing them today.  We'll revisit that idea tomorrow and see what happens.  hehe

The only place I went today was to the bank.  That was just a quick trip through the drive-thru so it was done in my sweat pants and fuzzy Halloween socks.  LOL!

The best thing that happened today was that I sent payment and our credit card is paid off.
*HAPPY DANCE*
Over the years that credit card has saved our butts several times but it's also gotten us into debt repeatedly.  And I mean pretty big debt.  But, with hard work and some sacrifice, that sucker is finally paid off!!!!  Extra money will now start being dumped on house payments.  This is why I'm so hesitant to leave my job.  We're in a good place financially at the moment and I don't want to rock that boat.  The faster we get the house paid off the faster we have more options open to us.

I printed tons of pictures today and watched some recorded TV shows and a movie.  Still loving my printer!  And it's STILL not out of ink.  I'm buying ink tomorrow just to have on hand because the cartridges are all getting low but still not quite out yet.  I'm almost done printing 2016 pictures for my regular photo albums and then I'll hopefully, finally, get started on Project Life.

As for what I watched today, I got caught up on three episodes of Superstore, which is in its second season now.  That show is so hysterical, such stupid fun.  And it's so much like my own workplace that it's just that much more funny.  I also watched the newest episode of Lucifer.  Still loving that show.  The movie I watched was The Conjuring 2.  I liked the first one more, but this one was okay.  I thought the ending was wrapped up a little too neat and quick again.  The neatest thing about it for me was seeing who played the neighbor lady.  It was Maria Doyle Kennedy, who played Queen Katherine in The Tudors, and who I'm picturing in my head as I'm currently reading The Other Boleyn Girl.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to start watching a series called Versailles, which is about Louis XIV, and stars George Blagden, who was Athelstan in Vikings.

I've tried these Special K Pumpkin Spice Pastry Crisps.  I've found these pastry crisps to be kind of blah in general so I wasn't too surprised that pumpkin spice would also be on the boring side.  There is a nice bit of softly spiced fall flavor in the filling but because that filling is so minimal and the pastry part is so bland, it's not a very exciting snack.  I'm not sure if I'll even finish the box.  I might just leave them in the breakroom at work for anyone who wants them.

I'll head off to read for a while now, anxious to get through the Boleyn book, and anxious to do more picture work and TV lounging tomorrow.

Have you watched anything good recently?


2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice fuzzy sock kinda day. I saw that Athelstan was in that show and it got me interested. And scraping windows already?! How cool. I wish it was that way here. Though the evenings have been nice, the mosquitoes have been draining us. Ew.

    I have not melted regularly so I started the Melting Basket up again to help. I was in a candle burning phase so the tarts slipped and I have way too many fall ones for that to happen. Watching HP currently. And watching YouTube videos with the girls of people opening Pokemon packs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like scraping windows. I don't like mosquitoes either. I need a neutral place.

      What's with us? So excited during the summer for all the fall wax and now we're not even happily plowing through it.

      ~Deb

      Delete