Friday, October 14, 2016

Blogtober - Day 14


Today was a laundry and pictures day.  I did my weekly shopping early this morning and then as soon as I got home I got laundry started and have been go go go on that all day because for some reason there are about nine million loads this week.  In between switching loads and folding clothes I was printing the rest of my pictures and am now up to date.  Got them organized, labeled, and into the photo album.  Yay!

I bought replacement ink while shopping this morning.  Good thing too, because I finally got my first 'low ink' warnings today.  Another reason I love this printer is because I now know it keeps me well informed on ink levels.  Not only does it pop up a message on the screen warning you of low level, but it tells you exactly which cartridge it is, AND there is a blinking light by that one inside the printer itself.  When it actually runs out it gives you an even more urgent warning.  Yep, still loving this printer.

I didn't get to watch Versailles today like I'd hoped to.  When I went in the living room with the intention of starting, I noticed one of my favorite episodes of Snapped was on, and I got hooked on watching that.  The episode after that was another favorite, so of course I had to watch that one too.  And they just kept showing all my favorite episodes!  I probably sound like a sicko, having favorite episodes of murder, but some of the stories are just more fascinating than others.  But anyway, never did get started on Versailles.

I am absolutely loving this goat milk and honey lotion from Sweet Clementine Soaps.  The scent is Perfect Pumpkin and it's described as 'Sweet Autumn pumpkin topped with the perfect touch of cinnamon, clove and maple sugar.'  I hauled this in a post back in August, and started using it on October first.  I love everything about this!  Love the cute label, love that that it's goat milk, love how it feels, and especially love this scent!  It's very pumpkin-y, like pie filling plopped fresh from the can, but there is also warmth from the soft spices.  There is almost a hint of bakery note.  The scent is so deep and rich and true though, I just love it.  I even put this on my hands right before bed just so I can have that scent as I drift off to sleep.  The lotion itself is grand.  Not too thick, not too thin, it's a wonderful creamy consistency.  A little goes a long way once you start spreading it on your skin.  It does take an extra moment or so to sink in but it works like a charm, at least on my skin.  This 5 oz. jar will easily last me through October and November.  I have another jar in a different scent that I'm looking forward to using after November, but I know now that I will definitely be ordering more from this shop.  Since soap vendors seem to have taken on the same business model as wax vendors (hard to get with their open/close schedules) my former favorite hand cream provider has been bumped aside in favor of this much more convenient Etsy vendor.

If you haven't tried Sweet Clementine's yet, get on it!
I'm hoping she adds something minty for Christmas!

With that, I leave you and head off to read again before bed.

4 comments:

  1. Wait a minute. So you're telling me you wash, dry, AND fold your clothes? All in one day? Can you teach me your ways? LOL

    Goat milk lotion? Sounds like it's super soft and awesome! If you see her add something Christmas themed please tell me! I need some Christmas scented body care.

    I don't like how a lot of indie shops have the open/close method of operation. It's even that way with some of the sticker shops I've checked out, which is a huge turn off. I'm not a patient person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yep...wash, dry, AND fold clothes as I go. I had to think back, and I'm pretty sure I've always done that. The clothes usually don't make it to the dressers or closets though. We tend to just grab from the basket.

      I'll let you know if I see Christmas scents in the Sweet Clementine shop. I'm hoping a nice peppermint shows up!!! And yes, this goat milk lotion is awesome.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for reviewing Sweet Clementine! They have caught my eye before but I haven't ordered. Have you tried anything else from them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a little tiny sample of sugar scrub that came with my order, and I enjoyed that too. But other than that, no, this is the only thing I've used so far.

      ~Deb

      Delete