Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Blogtober - Day 18


I was such a freakin' crabby puss this morning.  Wow.  And probably 99% of it was about going to my mom's.  It's probably hard for those outside of this picture to understand what the big deal is.  I've had people say things like "At least you still have your mom," or "Appreciate the time you have."  Yeah yeah, blah blah. Easy to say when you're not the one having to do it.

But anyway . . . 

My mood started picking up when I got home from tending Mom.  I had a little whiny pity party for a while first, and Voice of Reason Casey spewed his wisdom at me, then I started playing the new Skylanders game and things got better.

This is the newest release in the Skylanders game lineup.  So far, Casey and I are loving it.  Hubby and Ty haven't played yet.  Last year's release, Superchargers, never really grabbed us.  We bought it and started playing but just never got hooked like we have in the past.  Last year's focus was on vehicles and racing.  This year it's about creating your own characters.

There are these creation crystals for all the elements (fire, magic, water, etc.) that allow you to create your own character.  Each crystal allows one character.  I haven't made one yet but Casey has.

The started pack comes with two characters, and we also bought two more.  I'm not sure which way we'll get more addicted to, the ones they release or the ones we can create.

I also bought one of these little bonus chest thingies.  The chests unlock extra pieces to use in the character creation process.

So far it's been really fun.  I played many hours today and hope to play a bunch more tomorrow.  It was also quite a relief to find I'd actually put my worries aside for a good chunk of the day.  When I started playing I kept having the urge to quit because there were all these other things I felt like I should be doing.  That feeling eventually went away and I was able to just enjoy myself.  Woot!  Hopefully tomorrow brings me more of the same!

Oh, our weather jumped back to summer-like these past two days.  We were almost 80 yesterday.  Not sure what it got up to today but it certainly wasn't putting me in a mood for pumpkin anything.  I did put a couple cubes of pumpkin-something wax in the warmer this morning but didn't even pay attention to it.  That's become my norm lately.  This is making me unsure if I want to order any winter scents or not.  *sigh*

I'm off to read now!

Have you played any of the Skylanders games?
Are you in a Halloween mood, or are you ready for it to be done already?




No comments:

Post a Comment