Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Blogtober - Day 5

Today started off gray and rainy, which matched my mood perfectly.  I'm still in a funk about the work incident yesterday, about the work related conversation hubby and I had last night, and wondering what to do.  I was feeling mopey and wanted to get out of the house to distract myself, so Casey and I went to Target after he got home from work.  It was fun to just wander the store and look at all their Halloween stuff.  As we were leaving, Casey noticed the 'We're hiring!' sign on the door and decided he was going to apply.  I'm so tempted to apply too.  I was also telling him about how close I was to applying at Joann's a couple weeks ago, and he said I should, that I'd probably love it there among all the crafty stuff.  I'm so confused now!  As much as I'd love to get out of my current job and get to something less stressful, I'm also hesitant to go to something that's most likely lower pay and is probably part-time with limited benefits.  My current job is secure and steady and brings in plenty of money to get things taken care of.  Hubby says I should go ahead and apply at these other places and just see what happens.  Ohhhhh, I wish I knew to do!

TroubledBrother showed up here again today.  I was like 'Oh no, what have I started?'  He just asked if he could work on the other lawn mower, I said sure, and he went to the garage and started working.  He came back to the house a little later with the part he thinks is the problem, had the numbers all written down for me and everything.  Then he went back to his truck and I thought he was leaving.  Nope.  He backed his truck up, turned it around, then pulled it over sort of next to Casey's car, and just sat there.  I kinda went into panic mode, like 'No no no no nooooo, you are NOT going to be homeless in MY driveway now!'  I was freaking myself out, wondering how to tell him to leave, imagining awkward scenes.  He was there for maybe 30-40 minutes, then left.  I didn't notice him come back at all.  Hopefully he doesn't keep showing up.

Remember I mentioned getting stickers at Dollar Tree yesterday?  I did get pics taken today so here they are.
These are so cool looking.  They're small and on clear backing, and at first look like tiny little gemstones but it's really just tiny dots of glitter.  They're so dainty and pretty.  I grabbed one of each style I saw.
 

And then I just had to have these cute Halloween stickers.  They are quite large in size, good for using on handmade cards.

That's about it for my day's excitement.  Anything frightfully fun happen in your world?

8 comments:

  1. Cute stickers! I finally found some halloween themed decorations at the Daiso the other week! We didn't pick anything up, though. Next time!

    It can't hurt to apply, possibly interview, and see what options you have. Especially since your job could no longer exist by the end of next year, if that's still a thing.

    I hope the situation with TroubledBrother gets worked out! It's nice that he finished the job he started, though. Maybe he's going to try and turn a new leaf?

    I've been spending quite a bit of time studying. Between school and learning Korean, my brain is a big jumbled mess of blah. I tried speaking to Michael this morning and my brain was still stuck in "Don't speak English" mode... so I started speaking Spanish. @.@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My job will still be there, it's just a matter of if that customer really does leave and then what hours we'll work. The latest news is that it sounds like they're having second thoughts about leaving.

      School?? Did I miss something in a Stop 'n Chat?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I'm continuing my schooling online. It's how I was able to join Michael in GA versus staying in Texas to complete my degree. I don't think I've mentioned it before, though, so you haven't missed anything!

      Delete
    3. Ah, cool. What are you studying? (If you want to share that.)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    4. Computer Engineering with a minor in Technical Writing & Communication! I could also stay on another year and get a Bachelor's in Business Administration... but I'm pretty wiped out on schooling so I probably won't.

      Delete
  2. Hi Deb! I highly encourage you to apply for other jobs if you can afford the cut in pay, especially since your hubby's supportive of it. Life's too short to be miserable. Leaving the job I hated was one of the best things I did for myself a few years ago, even though finances are a struggle.
    I have a Troubled Brother too. He recently had to leave his full time job several months ago due to physical and mental health issues. He is a great person at heart but has had a lot of trouble with depression, anxiety, alcohol and substance abuse over the years. He did manage to find a part time job at a convenience store but it barely pays his rent. We try to help whenever we can such as taking him grocery shopping or to Dr. appt, but you I definitely draw the line on helping when it makes me feel uncomfortable or overly burdened. I hope your brother is able to find a job soon! You are a lovely, kind person and your family is lucky to have you. -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda.

      We're in a good place now financially and that's a huge reason I'm afraid to leave this job. Finding different ways to cope seems to be my best option right now. And actually, since my bosses both talked to me and I know people really are on my side, things are feeling better now. Well, for the time being anyway.......

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Oh, and like your brother, drugs and alcohol have played their part in my brother's troubles. =(

      ~Deb

      Delete