Thursday, November 3, 2016

Band of Bloggers - Vol. 11 / Nov. 2016

Sweet, lovely November.  Halloween has come and gone (hope you didn't gorge on candy!), the election is about to be over (it feels like it has been years!) and now, we're (technically) in the full swing of the holiday season! Thanksgiving will be here in just a few short weeks, and before you know it, it will be all Christmas all the time! It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

The Band of Bloggers question for November is:
What does your ideal Thanksgiving day and table look like? What are you eating? Any candles or tarts burning/melting in the room? Who fills your table? Are you stressed? What does your house look like? How's the weather? Give us the deets!
Thanksgiving is......possibly my favorite holiday now in my adult life.  My ideal Thanksgiving day is to spend it quietly at home with just immediate family.  I know that seems anti-holiday, but I really do find more peace and joy in just staying home with hubby and the boys.  I make a traditional Thanksgiving meal.  You know, turkey in the oven, tons of mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, dinner rolls, acorn squash with lots of brown sugar and butter, a bit of jellied cranberry sauce on the side.  Our Thanksgiving dessert tradition has become a Kringle with French Vanilla Cool Whip on it.  I always drink 7Up with my Thanksgiving meal.

I will have Pumpkin Souffle (Sweet Fixations), A Thankful Harvest (BHG), and whatever cranberry spice I have on hand melting throughout the day.

Ideally it will only be me, hubby, Ty, Casey, and possibly Matt here.  If it's just those people, I am not stressed.  The past couple years hubby's parents have joined us, and if that's the case, I do get a bit stressed.  It's not that they're picky or mean or anything.  It's just that it's outsiders in my safe little haven.

The house has a few Thanksgiving decorations scattered here and there.  We eat casually, filling our plates in the kitchen then eating in the living room while watching football.

The weather here in Wisconsin at the end of November is totally unpredictable.  We used to look forward to a bit of first snow on Thanksgiving.  The past many years though, I think it's often been warm and more like spring or summer.  Here's hoping for a chilly, snow flurry Thanksgiving 2016!
--------------------------------------------
Please visit these Band of Bloggers blogs

and help support the blogger community!





Lauren, at Lolo Loves Scents.

Liz, at Furianne

Michelle, at Waxing About.

Sunnee, at Fragrance Obsessed.



Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your Thanksgiving sounds comfy cozy. Traditional meal, football, close family and good memories. Hoping it is just as you wish this year, with snow on the side. Do you guys ever play Munchkin on Thanksgiving? I kind of always want to play a game but we don't usually get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we probably have. I miss those days when Ty was still living here and Matt was practically living here, and we always had a group ready to play. *sigh*

    Back when my side of the family would get together we'd often play Sorry, which had been one of our family favorites growing up.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete