Friday, November 25, 2016

Blogmas - Day 1


 Blogmas time!  Yay!  Blogmas will be pretty much the same as Blogtober in October and Thankful Natters in November.  I'm hoping to post every day, now through Christmas, with some festive mention in each post.  I debated whether to start now or wait till Dec. 1, which is when most people seem to start, but decided to dive right in before I lose my blogging groove.

So, on this day after Thanksgiving, we were pretty lazy around here.  Hubby watched TV and worked on the Christmas puzzle, and even took a long nap.  Casey pretty much lounged in his room and played video games.  I spent a lot of time in the morning browsing crafty websites and taking advantage of Black Friday deals.  I had to quit looking when I started spending too much money.  Doh!  I did get some good deals though!

And I did order one of the Satin Suzie Christmas samplers.  Did you?  I just checked and there are still some in stock.

I packed up the Thanksgiving decorations today.  Didn't get the Christmas stuff out yet though.  I hauled the tree down from the attic later this afternoon but have not put it up yet.  We have an old fake tree, not even pre-lit.  I always put it up and let it stand bare for a day or so, until the cats get over their initial curiosity and leave it alone.  Maybe I'll put it up tomorrow morning.  I'm not too sure how much decorating I want to do otherwise.  I go back and forth so much on it.  I think last year was pretty minimal.  I always get crabby in the hauling out of all the boxes on decorating day, and then especially crabby when it comes time to pack it all up again.  For some reason, trying to fit everything back into the carefully stuffed totes overwhelms me.  I guess we'll see how I feel tomorrow or Sunday.

I finally did some card work in the craft room again!  One of them I can't show you yet, but here is the other one . . .
The lighting in the pic doesn't do it justice.  You can't see the slight shimmer on the embossed snowflakes.  I really like this one though, and so simple to make!

This is the one hubby made last week.

Well, I'm off to bed now.  Casey says he wants to go shopping with my tomorrow morning.  I'm kinda hoping he changes his mind in the morning.  Hubby's gone with me the last couple times and while it's nice to have company once in a while, sometimes I just really want to get in and get it done quickly on my own.  We also have to go to the family get together at my brother's tomorrow afternoon.  I was looking forward to it before but now, as it draws closer, as always, I'm not wanting to go.  I'm just so anti-social in my old age!

Alrighty, then, off to read and then sleep.

Did you dare the crowds for some Black Friday shopping?
Did you put your tree up today?
Tell me something Christmas-y!

11 comments:

  1. Christmassy.... well I did d get the house decorated today! Hope you get the Yule fuzzies and go all out decorating. Was your get together today? How did it go?? I see you hauled some BBW. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the get together was then. It was fine, but you know that from reading the post...and I'm just slow in replying. I'll try harder!

      I did decorate today, but no all out. The Yule fuzzies fizzled somewhere along the line.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Oh and I like Kurth's card too! Is he giving it to his mom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wasn't sure yet but I think I will go to his parents, yep.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. YAY, blogmas!! <3

    I DID order some Satin Suzie samplers! I've loved her melts that I've tried so far, and there isn't a crazy long TAT! Score!

    I'm slowly working on getting the house Christmas ready. So far, I have our little tree up and some minor decorations, but I fell like the house could use a little more.

    The only Black Friday shopping we could have done would have been at the PXs on the military bases, and it sounds like it was even worse than the Veteran's Day sales so we're glad we skipped out. Give me my online shopping from my couch/computer desk/bed, pretty please!

    We had our first snow of the year on Saturday!! While everyone was over! It helped set the mood and made us all snuggle that much closer to our warm Thanksgiving food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get the free-for-review ones from Satin Suzie's too?

      Yay for snow! Our first was a few days ago, week ago? I don't remember, but it wasn't much and didn't stay long. I can't believe you've been over there almost a year already!!!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I did get the free-for-review ones! I got it so much later than you and Julie because the holiday shipping times have started, but hopefully not too late for anybody who cares to read all of our blogs!
      I can't believe I've been here a year either! It's gone by crazy fast!

      Delete
    3. Do you know how long you'll be there?

      Can't wait to see your Satin Suzie post!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    4. We'll be here at least another year. If we want we can try and extend and stay even longer. We're still undecided on that, though. If we do extend, we will definitely plan a long trip home!

      Delete
    5. After you're stay there, would be back in the States or move to another country? (I don't know how military stuff works. lol)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    6. We'll be moving back to the States. I feel like it'll some major reverse culture shock when I return home!

      Delete