Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Blogmas - Day 5


Today was Mom's day, as it always is one day a week.  Did her laundry and took her shopping, and she got her Christmas shopping done.  She doesn't have a lot of money so she doesn't buy for barely anyone anymore.  So, easy to get done in one day.

When I got done there I swung by the vet to get a refill of Fattycat's pills and make his blood work appointment for the end of December.  One of the office cats at the vet office is a big, long haired, cream colored cat.  He was sitting on the counter while I was there and I just had to chuckle because they have shaved to look like a lion.  It was so funny!  I was about to take a pic but the office lady started talking to me and the cat jumped down and wandered away.

I've just been kinda lazy since I got back home.  I took a bunch of blog pics of some crafty and wax orders that have been arriving.  I watched more card making videos.  Did a load of laundry.  Filled the bird feeders.  Carried the last few outside fall decorations down to the garage.  Did the dishes.  Worked on the jigsaw puzzle.  That might sound kind of busy but it was all done at a very leisurely pace with lots of breaks in between.  lol

These are my first three embossing powders!  I have another one, silver colored, arriving tomorrow, and I thought I'd ordered white too but not sure when that will be here.

And I finally have a heat tool to do all that embossing!  I have not tried it yet, haven't even taken it out of the package.  But yeah, I can finally start playing around with embossing.  I think part of why I haven't been diving into making Christmas cards is because I wanted to wait for this.

Also got these fancy tweezers for handling small or delicate pieces while making cards.  When I first started watching videos and saw people using these I was like, 'What a bunch of divas.'  But now I see why they use them!  My fingers get all full of glue or ink, and I'm dropping things, or can't pick up the little things.  So I take back all those earlier thoughts.  lol  There is also another tool thingie that has a clingy type end, kinda like a stylus, to help pick up tiny pieces or sequins or whatever, and yeah, I want that now too.

Tomorrow the only things on my agenda are to go to the bank and put gas in the car.  Other than that I'm hoping like crazy I can manage to get some fun things done in the craft room with my fun new toys!  I also need to get my Christmas shopping lists made and take a quick inventory of the things I've already bought.

Have you started Christmas shopping yet?
(Or are you done?!)

4 comments:

  1. Embossing! My grandmother was a card maker and she had all the stamps and embossing tools. I ended up using them with her a lot and I loved the magic of the powder melting into this liquid then solid. Especially if it has glitter in it. I know this will sound weird but would you make a mini video of you heating the powder and send it to me? I want to watch! The tools are real. you need the tools. Soon it will be rivets and mini hammers and setting tools. Love it. Have fun! I hope your day was better than the last few.

    I am not done yet. I need to buy my mom's, Adam's and paint my sister's shoes. She loved The Fly movie and wants slip on shoes with the fly. I need to do my cards and make the teachers some cookies and I will be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lordee, I'd need to figure out how to do such a video, and then how to send it. I'm quite tech challenged in my old age. Maybe Casey can hold the phone while I melt some magic powder.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see what nifty things you craft up with the embossing powder! I love watching YouTube videos of all the crafty things people can do with it.

    Michael and I have a few more people to shop for, but we're mostly done with our Christmas shopping. We'll need to send those boxes out ASAP to make sure they get to the States in time for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some boxes that I need to get ready and get sent out but I just keep putting it off with a lazy 'It's still only November' mentality. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete