Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Blogmas - Day 6


Pretty good day today.  I actually did spend a chunk of time in the craft room.  I played around with embossing and found I have a lot to learn, and need a lot of practice before I start attempting it on actual cards.  I did a lot of die cutting today, mainly gift card envelopes and tags.  A lot of iTunes cards and gift cards get passed around for Christmas in this family so I figured some cute little envelopes would be fun.  I'll take some pics when they're finished.

I did a ton of online shopping today.  I hadn't really planned on it but then once I started it was like ah heck, just get it done.  A good chunk of my Christmas shopping is done now.  Well, and a few more things for me.  I couldn't help it!  One of the stamp sets I want finally came back in stock so I had to grab it!

I also spent some time just chilling with some true crime shows on TV while working on the Christmas puzzle.  I haven't watched my murder shows for quite a while now.  Last night we were watching recorded episodes of Lucifer to get caught up, and discovered we only had half of the most recent one.  AND it was apparently the season finale?!  Noooooo!  And then tonight was the season premiere of Vikings.  I wasn't too interested leading up to it because I don't like how Ragnar is anymore.  The storylines just don't interest me much anymore, at least they didn't by the end of last season.  This premiere episode wasn't too bad though.  Maybe it'll be like Game of Thrones and totally rehook me.

I've decided I'm going to redecorate the house and tree this weekend.  It's just bothering me having so few decorations out.  It feels half-assed or something.  When I drove into town today to go to the bank I was seeing all the houses with all their decorations outside and in the windows, and it helped me decide that yes, I do want to get more stuff out, make a grand season of it like I used to.  We'll see how it goes this weekend though, heh.

Oh, by the way, this is the puzzle that we'd been working on.  We finished it this evening.

I think that's about all my exciting news for today.
How are you doing on your decorating?

8 comments:

  1. Yes! Get the cute stuff out! That puzzle is amazing. We are doing a little one too. It is a pokemon puzzle that the girls got in the advent tree. We only have a few pieces left but they are solid white and really hard to do. I love seeing you progress in your cards. The embossing turned out great. And what a cute idea of making envelops for the gift cards! I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought three 1000 piece puzzles with the idea that it would give us something festive to do between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hubby did the second one quite fast. I never even got a chance to help on that one! The third one looks like a bugger though and we'll start that one today.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Craft room! Wahoo! (I'm back to getting your blog posts again as of yesterday. I had Google account confusion to work out and I also wasn't really on my laptop much until yesterday either.) Where is it? Do I remember seeing a tidbit about the mudroom becoming that a hundred years ago (it seems like a hundred years since we moved). Excited to see your gift tags, etc. :)

    That puzzle is gorgeous!

    Vikings - Brad watched last night, but I was on the computer. I'll watch it later. I'm still into it, but I was shocked at the leap forward in time at the end of last season.

    Online Christmas shopping FTW!! I don't think I'll ever go back! lol

    I hope things are good. We're good over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello, sister! Do I need to change your email addy in that one section I have here that I can't quite remember what it is at the moment? (I'll dig around, it was something for subscribing or whatever...?) Or are you good now, and receiving posts and comment notifications?

      The craft room is Ty's old room. It's still part junk collection room but I'm working on that.

      Yeah, the Vikings leap forward and other little bits have me quite convinced that Ragnar will not survive much longer. I don't like his adult sons. They're all ugly and obnoxious. *sigh* There was a marathon of the show leading up to the season premiere, and catching bits from the first season had me wanting to go back and watch that, when at least it was still more human and humble.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I will write more later (really), but I evidently am not getting comment notifications. lol I had to come here & check to see this. The post notifications are coming in, though. I might need to fix the comment thing on my end.
    Last time, I was all needing you to change something here there wherever unfindable place for you to get posts sent to me, and then I noticed the "Subcribe to this blog" enter-your-email-address box right smack on the front of your page. !!!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 DUH ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you post comments, there is a little box in the lower right that says 'Notify me,' and if you check that you will receive all further comments and replies on that post. BUT...I also went in and found that setting on my end that I was thinking of, where it just automatically sends you all posts and comments, and I changed the email to your gmail addy. I hope you don't get doubles of everything now. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I'm planning on just using my gmail address from here on out forever and skip all this rigamarole in future.

    ReplyDelete