Saturday, November 26, 2016

Haul - Bath & Body Works

I had no Christmas-y scented shower gel as we came into this holiday season so I had to place a quickie order from Bath & Body Works earlier this week.  The main purpose was to get Twisted Peppermint shower gel, but then three mini candles hopped into my cart.  I'm clueless how that happened!

Ahem, yes, so let's look at those three little babies.

Twisted Peppermint - 'Cool peppermint,sugared snow, vanilla buttercream, fresh balsam, hint of musk.'
I think everyone knows what Twisted Peppermint smells like, right?  It's the type of sweet, creamy vanilla mint that I like with just the barest hint of pine and musk to put a slight edge back into it.

Vanilla Snowflake - 'Creamy vanilla, icy fir, wintry mint, coconut flakes.'
The coconut flakes sounded like an interesting addition to the blend.  This is a lot 'thicker' than Twisted Peppermint, a lot more vanilla, a lot less mint.  It's okay but probably not one I'd get again.

Spiced Apple Toddy - 'Warm apple brandy, spiced plum, cranberry, cinnamon stick.'
I was absolutely loving the spiced fruit scents this fall, the warm spiced punch types, so I thought this would be nice to carry over into winter.  And yes, I love this.  Fruity and juicy, but warm from the spice.

That's it!
There was some deal going on for the mini candles at the time I ordered.  Not sure if it's still going on but at the time they came out to $3.20 each.  Still a crazy price for a 1.3 oz. candle but at least it's cheaper than the regular price of $4.50.  And they're so stinkin' cute!

I think I need to just give up the fight and start being a regular Bath & Body Works customer.  I buy for fewer and fewer people each Christmas, so I think I might go ahead and start doing holiday shopping there.  That's kind of exciting for me!  Plus, there is a BBW outlet store near me that I need to start frequenting.

Are you a BBW fan?
What are some of your favorite scents and items?

8 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm!!! Twisted Peppermint is so darn good. Savanna picked out Twisted Peppermint in the medium sized candle for her bedroom and the throw is so nice! I picked up Vanilla Snowflake for the very first time too and I am kind of meh about it on cold but I hold it burns well. I should have gotten Twisted Peppermint instead. I did get the mint and pine one though. I like BBW a lot! The candles, hand soaps and shower gels are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mint and pine? Hmm. Which one is that? Is the pine strong?

      I peeked in my sister-in-law's shower while we were there today and she had three BBW shower gels, plus a 3-wick BBW candle on the bathroom shelf, so it solidified in my mind that I'm Christmas shopping at BBW. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Excellent! You know if she is sporting the gels and 3-wicks she will like some BBW for Christmas. You are detective. Great thinking!

      Delete
    3. I need to get my list made and then Tuesday or Wednesday I will be happily scouring the BBW site. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Oh man, so weird that those candles hopped into your cart! :P

    You can't possibly go wrong with Twisted Peppermint. I always stock up for the sales and give them to my fellow B&BW loving family. Either that or keep all my preciouses to myself, muahaha!

    I'm a sucker for their mists and perfumes. Pure Paradise is an all-year scent for me, but around Christmas I go for Sugar Plum Dream. It's a scent from 2014 and it was an instant favorite... which of course means they stopped offering it. Must... hoard... stash...

    Another one that I like is Balsam & Cedar, for an in-your-face almost minty pine punch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see some Sugar Plum Dream on eBay (or Amazon?) for $20, some for $50. Yowzers! I also see there is Sugar Plum Swirl...is it the same with new name? Or not even close?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I thought they might be the same, but I looked at the scent notes and they're not similar at all. It got my hopes up, too, when I was Googling around to double check that BBW wasn't offering the scent this year.
      I saw those Ebay/Amazon prices too, and said... NOPE. It reminds me of an old Elizabeth Arden perfume I have. Provocative Interlude. It ranges between $20 a bottle and $300 depending on where you look.

      Delete
    3. Craziness. And if you paid $300 for that bottle you wouldn't want to use it, so what would be the point of paying that much? lol

      ~Deb

      Delete