Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Haul - Lawn Fawn Die Cuts & Stamps

This is what I've been so excited about lately, what I've been hinting about in posts recently.  I'm *finally* getting a chance to post about it!  My previous post explained how I've taken the plunge and bought a die cut machine to hopefully help get me going . . . and keep me going! . . . on this paper crafts journey I keep trying to take.  As excited as I am about getting my Cuttlebug machine, I'm more excited about starting my collection of dies (and stamps)!

I'd considered the electronic machines for a long time but those are a lot more expensive than the hand cranked kind, like the Cuttlebug.  I think another thing I like about the manual machines is that the collector in me is excited about getting dies.  That might sound backwards.  Hand crank, and having to hunt down and buy individual die sets?  The electronic ones have tons of images on cartridges, and they do all the work with the push of a button.  I don't know, there's something old school I like about this simpler way of doing this.  I have enough frustrations with electronics.  I don't need to add to that!  lol

My collection so far is all Lawn Fawn products.  I'd ordered those plaid fall and winter paper packs from them before I'd ever decided to dive into die cuts and stamps, and had sort of fallen in love with the cuteness of the Lawn Fawn style.  I think I'm going to stick with them mainly, at least for now.

Let's take a look at what I've accumulated so far!

Thankful Mice
I wanted to get Thanksgiving sets right away in hopes of maybe getting some made in time for this year.  If not, oh well, I'll be ready for next year.  These little pilgrim mice are so cute.  The dies on the right cut out the shapes, and then you can go back in with the stamps to get the lines, and then color them in.  The 'give thanks' sentiment will be handy because, well, you need sentiments when making cards.

Cutie Pie
Another Thanksgiving set, the pie can be used along with the mice, or on its own, or with other things.  And look, another handy Thanksgiving sentiment.

Turkey Day
You have to have a turkey if you're doing a Thanksgiving card, right?  And yep, another Thanksgiving sentiment.  I like these small sets because they're simple.  You can use them as they are or combine with others to make a more involved scene.

Winter Unicorn
It's the unicorn that I wanted, not really the sentiment.  I've seen so many cards online featuring this little guy.  It's so cute!  And it doesn't need to be Christmas-y.  You could make it any color scheme and use it for birthday, or for fall, or anything.

Frosty Fairy Friends
There are plenty of larger sets from Lawn Fawn too.  These are a little more intimidating to me, but I've seen some really awesome cards made from them.  Again, you don't have to use every piece in the set.  You can pull the fairies out and combine them with the unicorn, or whatever.  You can use the fairies for birthday, baby cards, maybe even Halloween if you give them some darker color schemes.

Mermaid For You
I know someone who is quite fond of mermaids so it was obvious I needed to get this set.

Winter Big Scripty Words
One of the coolest things I've seen from die cuts is the cool look of scripty words cut from paper.  I knew I needed these Christmas themed words, and I think I have just about all of Lawn Fawns words dies on my Wish List now.

I finally got a chance to sit down the other night and actually play around with my Cuttlebug and my little collection of dies and stamps.  I got to practice coloring.
Not too bad for a beginner and the cheap markers I have on hand to work with.  Along with building my collection of dies and stamps, I would eventually like to start building a collection of Copic markers.  Those are apparently the top of the line choice of all the cool kids in crafting.  They're also quite spendy.  Actually there are a lot of things I want to start gathering, because the whole embossing powder technique is something that I'm dying to try.

So that's what I'm all giddy about lately.  I know, I know, you're probably all rolling your eyes and groaning "Here we go again," and I probably deserve it, but just humor me.  I'll make you a card!





No comments:

Post a Comment