Friday, November 11, 2016

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Cranberries & Cornbread

Cranberries & Cornbread - 'We have blended our traditional tart cranberries with our old fashioned cornbread and baked them together in a cast iron skillet. Delicious. A Homespun Original House Blend.'

I had this one last year and enjoyed it enough to get it again this year.  It's so good for November, when thoughts of Thanksgiving take over.  The cranberry notes are a bit stronger than the cornbread.  It's a sweet, tart type of cranberry scent, but the warmer bakery notes keep it from being that perfume-y kind of cranberry scent that I don't like.  I don't think there is spice in this.  The warmth comes from the sweet cornbread notes.  This is a bright yet cozy fall scent.
 
I melted this 1.6 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent that lasted all day.  There was still good scent when I shut the warmer off after probably 8-10 hours.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh...this sounds nice! It's so freakin't hot in Los Angeles (85 degrees) that I don't know what to melt right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleah, that's too warm for me even in summer. LOL
      We've taken a nice seasonal dip today, probably not even getting out of the 40s. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear the cornbread in this leans more bakery than bready. I might try it then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it didn't strike me as bready. Almost more like honey butter muffiny. Try it! Get it! Dooooo it!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm all about bakery too. Mmmmmm! (But not zucchini. *gag*)

      ~Deb

      Delete