Saturday, November 12, 2016

Thankful Natters - Day 12

I work with some really, um, uninformed people.  Being a factory, we get all kinds of people.  Some are well spoken and intelligent and have a full store of common sense but most are somewhere below that.  Our lines were down today because we were working on 'holds,' and because it's more leisurely and all the people are working around the table in the same area, topics of conversation can be quite interesting throughout the day.  And at one point today one of the less than brilliant people thought that babies could not be made if you had sex with a relative.  This same guy was also bragging about not needing to use condoms because "my pull out game is strong."  (He fancies himself an athlete.)  All kinds of wow in that conversation.  LOL!

I must really being feeling better these days.  Well, I mean, I knew I was feeling better lately.  The dark funk seems to have lifted, even more than just the temporary ups I'd been having.  It really does seem like I've emerged from a long dark tunnel back into the sunshine again.  But what really makes me think this is that Guy & Kelli are very much back in my thoughts.  Very few people know who Guy & Kelli are.  They are the main characters in a novel I started writing two or three years ago.  They went away as my dark days took over, and I started to worry they were lost to me forever.  The past few days though, they've come back around, and I'm anxious now to get back to telling their story.  Hopefully this feeling stays!

It was pretty darn cold this morning, only 28 degrees when I left for work.  It was my first window scraping day of the season.  Temps only got up to the mid 40s today, and there has been a chilly wind.  I'm okay with the temps but that wind can just go somewhere else.

My order from Satin Suzie Scents came today, so I'm going to go do some quick sniffing before bed.  The haul post won't go up till my next day off, which will be Tuesday.

How was your Saturday?  Got your turkey yet?

Day 12 thankfulness . . . 
Today I am thankful for those few remaining wax vendors have websites that remain open, and TATs that are days instead of months.  They will always get my business first.

6 comments:

  1. It is good to connect with someone who is doing the 30 days of thankfulness too.:) Love your post.
    Have a great night,
    Marisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for reading. In years past I've seen people do the thankful thing leading up to Thanksgiving but I never bothered with it myself. It's been fun deciding what I'm thankful for each day.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Facepalmed at some of your coworker's comments. Some people...

    So happy to hear you are feeling better and if that novel gets published I will eagerly be your first customer!

    I too am glad for vendors that are always open: LPL and CLK being two of my favorites that have outstanding customer service and good performance. I did just get my hands on some wax unicorns for the first time though: Glitterati and Candy Panda, and I am thoroughly enjoying their products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL about the facepalm. Yep, some of the things I hear around these people are mix of hysterical and unbelievable.

      I want to get the novel finished and published, probably self-published type deal. Of course we all have dreams of it being a surprise hit that's turned into a movie and all that, but I also think it will be pretty darn cool just to have an actual book out there that maybe five people read.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Hopefully his pull game continues to be in his favor LOL! Ahhhh work convos. At least it gives you a good chuckle. I am so so happy to hear you are doing well and excited to hear the writing bug has come back!! <3

    28 degrees. SO jelly! It will be down in the 50's tonight which is brisk for us. Hopefully it will stay cool for a little while.

    Can't wait to see your order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This guy also brags "I get more ass than a toilet seat." Ooooookay. He's this dirty looking guy, dirty clothes, often scratching his man-parts. I cringe to think of what type of girls he's so easily getting. Probably none. Bleah!

      ~Deb

      Delete