Sunday, November 13, 2016

Thankful Natters - Day 13

Well the Vikings lost today.  That's four in a row now.  And their sucky kicker missed another extra point.  I didn't see this game because I worked today, and it's probably better that way.  The Lions have now moved to a tie for first place with the Vikings.  If I was crabby about the Vikings losing, I was super happy that the Packers lost too.  Hehe!

I was so soooo tired today from all that work we did yesterday.  I didn't think it had worn me down that much at the time but geez, I slept like a rock and then was sluggish and achy all day.  Still a pretty good day though.

Because we've been having so many problems with these particular lines at work, they've taken away our four day holiday weekend.  We were supposed to have Thu, Fri, Sat, and Sunday off for Thanksgiving.  Now it's just Thursday and Friday.  *I* will still have all four days off because I was smart and put in for vacation long ago.  They're also telling us we'll have to run between Christmas and New Year's, when normally it's down for inventory.  But guess what.  I already have vacation in for then too.  Woot!

Today I'm suddenly anxious to read the book I've been poking along on.  I tried reading it once before, a couple years ago, and gave up quite early.  I just thought it was stupid at the time.  I decided to give it another shot now after reading The Other Boleyn Girl, because it's about next generation Tudors, but it just wasn't doing anything for me again.  Not sure what's changed but while reading today on one of my breaks I suddenly just didn't want to put it down.  So I'm going to get this posted and go read for a while!

How was your Sunday?  Did your team win?

Day 13 thankfulness . . . 
Today (and everyday) I am thankful for chocolate.  I was craving it all day and just inhaled about ten of those Hershey's Nuggets.  Mmmmmm.

4 comments:

  1. Smart thinking to put in for your days off early on! I took a friend out for a belated birthday lunch today & he wanted to go check out a retro video arcade nearby but they didn't have our favorite Tempest and a bunch of kids were hogging the Centipede machine so we ended up playing mini golf at an indoor course and having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to always have my vacation days planned out and submitted about the first week of the year. I haven't been quite so efficient the past couple years though.

      I want to go mini golfing. We haven't gone in many many years.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmm... Hershey's Nuggets! I love the toffee almond ones. Glad you put your days in. Very good. You need your breaks to relax. Stoked to hear you are into a book!! Me too. I am reading Red Rising and I cannot put it down. I am fully immersed. I hope you get some good sleep tonight and the book doesn't keep you up! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the toffee almond ones that I have! =)

      I did stay up a little bit later and read a little bit more than previous nights but it still wasn't much. *grrr* And then every one of my breaks today was interrupted so I only read about five words. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete