Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thankful Natters - Day 22


My hopes of having two easy days before holiday break were dashed today.  Ugh!  All of my raging hate for my workplace came flooding back today.  We're back to that whole mismanaged thing.  Actually it's a blind ignorance thing.  People just do whatever the heck they want because there is no one to keep them in line.  My day did mellow out a bit towards the end so I suppose there is still hope that tomorrow might be quick and easy.

I'd been hoping to hop into the craft room when I got home from work this evening.  An idea for a card hit me this morning and I jotted down the details quick.  It should be an easy enough card to do, but once I got home I felt just tired enough that I didn't want to attempt it.

A year ago at this time I was still attempting to do an old fashioned handwritten journal.  Glancing back on that, I see what a difference there is.  I was moody, mopey, just trying to find anything to perk me up.  I was in a dark place and I knew it at the time but now that I'm outside of that, I see how dark it really was.  This year I'm feeling the holiday vibes, I'm looking forward to things, and I've found something to excite and entertain me (card making).  I am so glad to be back on the brighter side of things!

And that is where I'll leave you tonight, as it's time for me to head off to bed with my book.

Day 22 thankfulness . . . 
Today I am thankful that those dark days have passed.

***REMINDER***
You still have time to enter Thankful Mini-Giveaway #3!
Just click HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better too. Having the journal to look back on was nice. Gain some perspective. Sometimes spotting things like that help. Hope you have an amazing day tomorrow Deb! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself I will print out my blog natters at the end of each month so I have a hard copy 'journal' to tuck away. Heh, I never seem to actually get around to it though.

      ~Deb

      Delete