Saturday, November 5, 2016

Thankful Natters - Day 5


Today was another really good day.  I'm feeling a little wowed by how things have been going lately!
Hubby went shopping with me this morning.  He doesn't often go with me, and I usually prefer to go alone so I can focus and get in, get out.  Sometimes it's nice to have company though.  And it's funny when things like this find their way into the cart . . . 
I do love them, how retro they look, but it's just so funny that hubby snuck them into the cart.
 
After Walmart we headed over to Target to see if there was anything good left in the Halloween clearance.  We scored on more spooky looking bottles.  They were 90% off, so we got them for $0.30 each!!!  They will look awesome next Halloween with the other stuff I got from Kmart the other day.  I packed them up before getting a picture of them though.  *sigh*

When we got home from shopping and got everything put away, we got busy assembling the new craft table.  Or course Minion had to be there to supervise.

The table (we keep calling it a desk) has all sorts of adjustable shelves and cubbyholes.
It's going to take a while to see what will work best where.  We also need to get a couple stools or higher chairs.  The ones we using at the moment are just too low.

When the desk was together we took a little break then got going on putting up the first bunch of shelves we'd bought.
We'll probably be adding more shelves over time, but I think there will be several of those stacked drawer things like we have in the corner.  I will also be hitting up Dollar Tree for a lot of little bins and containers.

Ideally, I would have liked to have painted the whole room white first.  The walls are still gray and chipped, scratched, dirty from when it was Ty's bedroom.  I'm just super glad to be finally actually getting things accomplished in there!  Maybe in time I'll go back and spruce it up.  What I'd really like to do is hire someone to just come in and get it done.  I'd like the ancient carpet removed and the floor redone too.  Someday . . . 

After those things were done and I'd spent some time trying to organize and arrange things, I then switched to catching up on some blog stuff.  I'm frustrated that I once again did not get to actually cut, color, or create anything but I guess the fact that we got so much done today makes up for it.  Tomorrow!  Tomorrow I will make sure I get to play with my stuff!!!!

And now I am really tired again and just want to crawl into bed and fall into a nice deep slumber.
Good night, everyone!

Day 5 thankfulness . . . 
Today I am thankful for my husband.  Many days I'd like to boot him to the curb but then there are days like today that remind me why we've been together 27 years.  Even in rough times, there is a familiarity after all this time together.

What are you thankful for today?




2 comments:

  1. Ooooh sweet Kurth! I love he picked up those towels. Hey. Were those bottle the ones that said Raven Claws and stuff??? Lucky duck!! I love how your room is turning out. The organization is looking phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Raven Claws and things like that. Black bottles with old time looking labels. We grabbed one of each style we saw.

      The room is coming along but we have a long way to go, once we start factoring in things that aren't there yet, like all the inks and things I still want to get.

      ~Deb

      Delete