Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Thankful Natters - Day 8


Election day.  Finally!  I'm not thrilled with either option, but I'm so glad all the political ads and phone calls will stop now.  Yep, got my priorities straight!

Work was mellow again.  I'm loving it but I'm also starting to dread when it all goes back to crap.  I haven't gotten any updates on my coworker for days now.  There is drama in the family and the one who had been posting updates on Facebook was told to stop and to remove what she'd posted.

Ty was here this evening when I got home from work.  Of course my first thoughts were that something was wrong.  Hubby admitted that his first thoughts when Ty had gotten here earlier in the evening, had also been that something was wrong.  We had a good laugh that just coming to visit was not a believable reason.  LOL!  (And I still don't know for sure why he was here!)

I'm rushing this tonight because I'm tired (again) and anxious to just dive into bed.
Hope you all had a great day and that with this election mess out of the way we can all focus more on the approaching holidays!

Day 8 thankfulness . . . 
Today I am thankful for the comments people leave and the interaction here on the blog.  I see quite a few were posted today and I will work on replies soon.  Thanks to everyone reads, and especially those who take the time to comment.

Don't forget to enter the first of my holiday mini giveaways HERE!

6 comments:

  1. I love that your first thought is "something is wrong" when Ty visited! LOL! Whenever people drop by unannounced I'm always wary of their motivation, too!

    I'm staying far away from Facebook and a lot of social media for a while. I don't need to deal with the negativity. Even without the election, I feel like people share way too much of their personal lives on their page. There's someone in our community that is going through a rocky time in her marriage (as in, it's ending) and she keeps sharing stuff that EVERYONE knows is a jab at her to-be ex husband. It's not cute, it's not subtle, it just makes me think you're an ass, lady. Anyway, I'm bringing negativity when I shouldn't be! LOL

    Today was a great day! Mom and Dad stayed up late and we tamed lots of dinos on Ark. Then I took a nice nap and made dinner and will probably take a nice hot bath before bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to just delete my FB account. I have 36 'friends,' which is amazing to me because I don't even follow most of them. 99% of my FB time is chatting to very few people in private messages.

      So what's your favorite dinosaur in your dino-stable, and why?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't mind deleting mine, but I know I wouldn't be able to keep my profile deactivated. I have too many people that I keep in touch with through Facebook, even if it's only once every few months.

      Hmmm... my favorite dino. First thought is T-rex, because come on, Jurassic Park is my favorite movie of all time. I feel like that one's too easy, though.

      Quetzalcoatlus, or quetzal. It's a ginormous bird that I love to fly across the entire map on, and you can build a platform saddle for it which allows you to build a sort of air base if you'd like! The quetzal also picks up almost all of the dinos and the ones it can't pick up can be walked onto said platform saddle, which means I can use this bigbird to transport dinos and people via air across the map. It lends itself to a very nomadic lifestyle.

      Delete
    3. I was absolutely obsessed with Jurassic Park back in the day. I kicked myself for missing it on the big screen, but made up for it once it came out on *ahem* VHS by watching it probably 100 times. I still love it but it makes me cringe at times now. Well, The Crow does that to me too. lol

      Post a pic of this dinobird on your blog! I wanna see!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Poor Ty. Maybe he just wanted to raid the fridge and get some mom hugs! LOL! Just kidding! Have things smoothed over from the lady drama with him?
    Comments!! The comments are the best part. Your Blogtober and Thankful Natters have been awesome to read. In fact, I get them in my email and read them there so often I think of a reply in my head but never get it down on the computer. But I have been trying to make up for it. It is so much nicer to get on an actual computer to read blogs. Plus I get to see your cute backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have since found out why Ty was here and it's related to the job thing I mention in Day 10. *sigh*

      I have a love/hate relationship with reading blogs on my phone. It gives me something to do on break at work, but I can't leave comments for some reason. There is a whole login/profile confusion on my phone. So yeah, by the time I get home and on the computer I've forgotten about commenting.

      ~Deb

      Delete