Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Birthday / Christmas Haul

Hey, look at this!  I said I'd get my birthday / Christmas haul up, and here it is.  I did not wait until it was pointless this time.  lol

This is not everything.  I just picked some highlights.  Part of me wanted to show every little thing because I know *I* love seeing what other people got, right down to the last little thing, but I also know that some people don't like it and find it to be more like bragging.  I can assure you this is not bragging, not when I've seen and heard of things other people get!

Summoner, Book One - The Novice
by Taran Matharu
I got this for my birthday.  It was on my Amazon list but I really don't know anything about it.  I think it popped up in recommendations and looked cool, so I added it.  It's something about magic and elves and orcs and a war.  Something about the main guy can summon demons, and is driven from his village because the people think he's evil.  I've just started reading it, and it's too soon to form an opinion yet.

Magisterium Series - Iron Trial (Book One) and The Copper Gauntlet (Book Two)
by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
I got these for Christmas.  I hadn't realized the third one was already out, so that wasn't on my Amazon list.  I went ahead and ordered it last night though, while using up some Christmas money.  Cassandra Clare wrote the popular Mortal Instruments series, which I own and enjoyed.  Holly Black wrote the Spiderwick Chronicles, which I have also read.  Anyway, I don't know anything about these either, just that there is magic and an academy, looming danger and dangerous secrets.  I like that these, and The Novice, are shorter books.  They're all around 300 pages, as opposed to the 700 page beasts that are more and more common now.  Can't wait to get into this series!

 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Illustrated Edition
by J.K. Rowling
Yes!  Got this for my birthday and was so happy to see it!  Since this is the second in the series, I thought for sure I'd be getting the first for Christmas, but nope.  Only got this one.  I've wanted these from the moment I first saw the first one a year or so ago.  I just didn't see myself spending the money on them because I already have two complete sets of the Harry Potter books.  So yes, I was pretty happy to see this on my birthday!

I got this Lawn Fawn - Cozy Christmas stamp and die set for Christmas.  Too late for this year's Christmas cards but that's okay.  Now I've got a whole year to play with this for next year's cards.

I was so happy to see this Lawn Fawn - Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamp and die set on Christmas morning! 
I really need more non-Christmas sets so I can work on things for all through the year.  And I really like that this has those solid stamps to use for the egg, paint drips, and butterfly, because I've really been liking the colored stamping I've been watching in card making videos.

I was also happy to get this Lawn Fawn - Eggstra Special Easter stamp and die set for Christmas.  I love the basket and the bunny, and especially that I now have a 'Happy Easter' sentiment.

I accumulated quite a chunk of change in cash and gift cards for Christmas and I've already placed a few big orders for crafty supplies to continue stocking my craft room.  I will post that haul when my stuff arrives.

I received this hat and lotion from a coworker.  She is a Packers fan (*puke*) and gives me crap for being a Vikings fan but she still buys me Vikings things.  With as cold and windy as this winter has been already, I was very happy to see this nice hat!  And the lotion is funny because of the hemp.  She tried it and loves it, says it's done wonders for her hands.  So yeah, it made me chuckle to see it as a gift from her.  It was funny too when Matt, who is known to enjoy the occasional 'medicine,' was all like 'Ooooh, can I try some?!' when he saw this.

I also received various other things like an iTunes card, Christmas mug, Skylanders, candy, etc.  Oh!  I got two Game of Thrones shirts that I totally forgot to take pics of!  One is a House Stark, and the other says Fire & Blood and has a three headed dragon in it.  And like I mentioned, I got a decent amount of money and gift cards that we all knew were going to go directly into craft supplies.

I had a very nice birthday and Christmas this year.  Things were mellow and fun.  That alone was a huge improvement over the past several years when I've just been so down about not feeling that holiday magic anymore.  We were out and about visiting people this holiday season, which I think was a huge help even though I had the usual 'I don't wanna go' social anxieties leading up to them.  It all turned out great this year and I'm hoping this feeling continues for a long long time to come!

Was Santa good to you this year?
What was your favorite thing that you got?





2 comments:

  1. I love this post! That Hemp lotion smells good! And books about elves and orcs are right up my alley. If you like it, I may need to borrow it from Deb's library. Should I post my Christmas haul?? I guess I could. It really isn't huge or anything but like you, I enjoy seeing them too. Glad you had a happy and mellow Christmas. That is always nice. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You should post your Christmas haul too!

      Speaking of Deb's library, I need to get that Miss Peregrine's book out to you. I forgot in the Christmas rush!

      ~Deb

      Delete