Friday, December 16, 2016

Blogmas - Day 22

Vacation day today, and I'm very happy for that.  I got my grocery shopping done early this morning, and got all my other little errands done today ahead of the big snow storm.  Now I can settle in for the weekend while the snow piles up and be comfortable knowing I don't have to go anywhere.

I thought I'd get my last bit of Christmas shopping done today, the stocking stuffer candies and things like that, but I ran into Casey while at the store so I cancelled that idea.  lol  I did get stuff to make Special K Bars and Puppy Chow though, so I'll probably be whipping those up this weekend.

I really didn't do much else today.  That seems so weird, like a whole day has gone by and I can't think of what the heck I did.  I know I wanted to just kick back and watch some dvds but never did get around to it.  I know I prepped a couple posts for the blog and watched a few videos on YouTube but, really?  That took up my whole day?  Wow, now wonder it seems time is flying by as I get older.

I did putter around in the craft room for a bit this evening.  I was already feeling frustrated in there and then Minion jumped from the shelf behind me, over my shoulder, and slid across the top of the desk, clearing almost everything off with him.  MINION!!!!!  Oh, I got so mad.  He got flung out of the room and I slammed and locked the door, then sat at the desk and moped for a while.  Those doubts have started creeping back into my head.  Those little nagging 'Why are you doing this?' thoughts about the cards and things.  I need to redirect my thoughts before I slip back into that dark hole but I don't know how.  Dive into making more cards?  Just step away for a bit until the urge hits again?  Not sure yet.

I'm off to bed now.  I'm almost afraid to see how much snow we'll have by tomorrow morning.  They're predicting by Sunday we'll have a foot of new snow in our area.  Ugh.  It'll be a lovely white Christmas but still . . . ugh.

So what holiday treats will you be making this year?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed the day off. I am now in the vacation from work territory. Sorry about Minion messing up your groove sounded like it threw you off something bad. Remember, there doesn't have to be a reason you are doing a hobby or something you enjoy. You just do it to do it. And you are GREAT at making cards!! Maybe if your groove comes back you can make those nifty little gift card sleeves for next Christmas. I am keeping mine. I love it. (Even though I did use my BBW one today!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those gift card sleeves have come in hand this year. I need to spruce them up a bit for next year though. Glad the BBW card helped with that sale!

      Hubby and I joked that when he gets his woodworking shop up and going, and I get my paper craft shop going more efficiently, our craft business will be called Achy Joints Crafts. lol It'll be our retirement hobby.

      ~Deb

      Delete