Saturday, December 17, 2016

Blogmas - Day 23


Snowstorm Saturday.  Turns out we got less in the first half, the overnight part, than they were predicting.  We got about four inches of new snow in our area.  There was a bit of break in the storm during the morning, enough that hubby was able to get out there and plow the driveway and walkway in case the mail carrier had packages to bring to the house.
It started snowing again in the afternoon and by evening we had enough new snow again that it didn't even look like he'd plowed earlier.  We're not too worried for now because we didn't have to go anywhere today, and don't plan on going anywhere tomorrow.  The only problem when he goes out to plow tomorrow is that the temps are going to be insanely low.  The snow will stop this evening but the winds are already picking up and the temps are already dropping.  We're not even expected to get over zero tomorrow.  We had a heatwave today, up to 21 degrees!  lol

I puttered around today, got a few little things done.  When I got into the craft room though, once again, I just blanked.  It's an awkward mix of being overwhelmed by options, as well as limited by options.  I have a lot of papers and dies and stamps, but I don't have decent coloring tools yet, and don't have a wide enough variety of stamps yet because I'd focused on Christmas.  I did end up playing with the cheapie colored pencils that we have on hand.
 
I'll try to get back in there tomorrow and play around with some more generic, everyday type notecards or something.  Maybe I'll practice embossing again.

Not much else going on today.  I downloaded some Christmas songs on iPod while puttering in the craft room.  Casey is in there right now, wrapping presents.  I still have to finish wrapping some, so maybe I'll worry about that tomorrow instead of frustrating crafts.  We'll see how it goes.  For now though, I'm off to read and snuggle under my blankets before it gets too cold tonight.

How is your Christmas prep coming along?
Are you ready, or are you starting to panic?

4 comments:

  1. That looks like hard work out there. And below zero?! My mind cannot fathom. I love your colored pencil art. It looks fabulous. The shading comes through a lot. That is an awkward place to be in. Get more coloring doodads and then see how it goes. I was in a mini panic mode this morning, but I finally got my shopping done (I think) and I am ready to wrap. I want to do it on Monday. I do have to paint something for someone this week too. And bake. But those are fun things. We had Christmas with Adam's parents and aunt today and that was nice. Tomorrow is Christmas with my Pop-Pop and that side of the family. We do a gift exchange game so not as stressful. But I am hosting so I need to clean and cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been researching and rethinking my coloring options today, watching videos about each. I think I know what I'm going to put any Santa money into now, and that's exciting.

      We're going to my brother's on Christmas Eve Day for our family gathering. Other than that we're just planning on relaxing at home for the holiday.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Oh my! I'm here complaining about my just barely below freezing temps and you're in the artic! I actually only that snow shoveling photo though; pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you in California? Does it even get below freezing there?? =P

      Yeah, the snow is pretty but the cold can just GO.

      ~Deb

      Delete