Sunday, December 18, 2016

Blogmas - Day 24

Yesterday we had the snow.  Today we have the cold.  There is a wind chill advisory until tomorrow morning.  It's -8 degrees now, real temp.  Brrrrr.  Needless to say, I'm glad I did not have to go anywhere today.  Casey did though, went to hang out with friends and exchange gifts.  He got home from that and went to bed for a nap before work.  Hopefully his car still starts in this cold.  Hopefully mine starts tomorrow!

Ty came over to do his laundry today.  Matt was with him.  We haven't seen him for a while, so that was a pleasant surprise.  Of course, we played Munchkin.  Well, we needed something to get our minds off that horrible Vikings game.  I don't even know what to say about that, except that it was . . . horrible.  I think our season is done.

 I actually slept in this morning.  I usually can't, even if I try.  I also usually don't like to try because Fattycat needs his pill at 6am, and I also feel like I've wasted part of the day if I sleep longer.  But today, for some reason, I was an hour late getting up.  And it felt fabulous!  I wanted to stay there for a hundred more hours!

We got about three or four more inches of snow on top of that first round of four-ish inches.  This is what we saw this morning in our south yard, the side of the yard where the deer always visit.  And you can see from all those churned up spots that they had indeed visited in the night.  There was digging going on and even looks like they laid down for a while in a couple spots.  (Click the pic for a larger version if you're really curious.)

One of the friends Casey was hanging out with today is a girl we work with, and she made this for me.  It's a 'gingerbread' house and trees.  How cute!  It's actually a brownie house.  lol  She's very into baking fancy cakes and cookies, and I think is trying to get a little side business going.  I've never had a gingerbread house before.  Are we actually supposed to eat it?!  Do we pick the candy off and eat the 'house,' or do we cut chunks off, candy and all?  Gah, sounds so dumb, 'How do I eat this thing?'  LOL

I wrapped the last few presents I have today.  I am done done done now, and it feels so weird.  I was telling hubby it seems like I forgot to shop or misplaced some bags or something because there just isn't the usual massive amount.  I think it's just that more money went into few things this year.  Like larger amounts on gift cards.  Casey says he has all of his bought and wrapped.  Hubby hasn't wrapped his yet and says he still needs to get me a birthday present.  He better get on it!  My birthday is Wednesday!  hehe

I can't believe we're a week away from Christmas.  I'm not in a crabby mood, or an anti-holiday mood or anything, but I do feel sort of blank about it.  Oh!  When Ty and Matt were here I asked Ty if he had his tree up yet, knowing full well he doesn't put it up.  Matt was surprised, "You have a tree?"  Matt practically lives at Ty's place so it was funny to hear that.  Ty was like, "Yeah," and Matt was all "Why don't you put it up?"  I asked if he at least put his Christmas cards up, and that I know he at least got on (cuz I sent it), and he said they're decorating the inside of his garbage can.  Again Matt was like "Whyyyyyy?"  So we all gave Ty crap for being a Grinch.  He said he doesn't see the point of cards.  

What the frick, Ty?  Ugh.

And now I realize my shopping is not done afterall.  I still need to get something for Matt.

How was your subzero, snowy, Scroogey child, Vikings losing day?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being done! Well mostly, I am guessing Matt won't be hard to buy for since you know him so well. Don't mind Ty. He sounds like he feels a little bah-humbug. I bet that will change when he has kids of his own one day. I remember losing a lot of Christmas magic in my early to mid-twenties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose 'It's a guy thing' about not putting a tree up or caring about cards. *sigh* I should have had girls.

      ~Deb

      Delete