Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Blogmas - Day 27 / Happy Birthday!


Today is my birthday!  Did you know that?  Just like last year, I purposely kept that information off my Facebook just to see who might send greetings.  I find it rather meaningless when Facebook obnoxiously broadcasts your birthday to everyone and they send obligatory messages.

Yes, it's my birthday.  I am the 5-0 now.  I really can't believe that.  I just don't feel it!  Well, I mean, I have the achy joints and those types of things to remind me I'm old, but in my mind and actions I just don't feel it!  I had a really hard time when I turned 45 because even if I live to 90, at that point my life was half over.  I don't have that with 50.  I'm actually rather cheerful.  Maybe it just hasn't really sunk in yet.  As I mentioned to my sister today, now it seems to have taken on the idea of 'One year closer to retirement!'  lol

Came home from work this evening to find this cake waiting for me.  There were some fun gifts but I'll wait till my day off to get some decent pictures.  I'd love to natter on more about my birthday but this old lady is pooped tonight.  I'm heading off to bed now.

Only one more day of work!
And then I'm off till next year!

Would you like a piece of cake?

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Deb! That's a lovely cake and I'm glad you had a pleasant birthday. I'm sure your vacation will be wonderful; enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Very much looking forward to just relaxing and doing whatever for a while. I have no real plans for this time off because I've learned I just disappoint myself when I don't accomplish those things.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I do not see you as 50 at all. It's mind-boggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I get freaked about my age when YOU have your birthdays. It's like, 'Holy balls, she's *40* now?! That means I'm ancient!'

      It's popped into my head here and there the past few days and it's still so weird to me. I am 50!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. That cake looks delicious, please pass a piece. Is it vanilla or chocolate or even some other surprise flavor?? Do you have a rough idea of when you want to retire? My dad did at 60 this year in September and he has been bee bopping around the house and spending time with his youngest grandkid who he and my stepmom watch. Can't wait to see all your goodies! Have a nice last day of work for 2016 tomorrow! Do you have any end of year things you are working on for the blog? I am going to do a best of 2016 but other than that not really sure. Oh a reading challenge. And we need to work on BoB after Christmas probably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was chocolate cake with white 'better'cream frosting, whatever that means. Creamier? Sweeter? To be honest, I did not like the cake but I greatly appreciated the effort because many years I don't even get one.

      I'd like to retire as soon as possible. Once the house is paid off that opens the retirement door for me, especially if I can stick with cardmaking and have a better grasp of it all. I know I'd feel guilty though, not working if hubby was still working. I tried doing the stay-home thing many many years ago and just couldn't handle the guilt of it.

      I have nothing special planned for the end of the year, probably just some summing up nattering. BoB work is a must. I've been thinking about that lately.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. HAPPY HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, DEB!

    ReplyDelete