Saturday, December 3, 2016

Blogmas - Day 9

Whooo, what a busy day it was today!  Did my grocery shopping this morning and managed to get a bit of Christmas shopping done too.  Got home and got everything put away, then decided to enlist hubby's help on getting a few decorations put up outside.  In the process of that we got our back room cleaned up a bit and finally got the Halloween decorations put away into the large tote we'd bought a while ago.  Until now, the zombies and things we'd had outside had just been laying in a pile in the messy room.

So anyway, got the room cleaned up a bit and dug out the Christmas things we had in there.  I'd figured just those few things would be hung up on the porch and that would be it.  Nope, hubby went down to the garage and hauled out the mini trees he likes to set out outside.  He decided he wanted more this year so off to Menards we went.  They didn't have the same type of trees this year but we did manage to find some close enough to those and bought several.  We also bought a really pretty lighted garland for the porch, and some lighted things for the windows.

Quickie pic of the porch.  Wooden sleigh hanging under the light on the left, rather plain wreath on the right.  The new garland is on the side rail on the right, although it looks almost like another wreath in this picture.  Small garden flag there in the lower right.  And back up on the porch, on the left is an elf and reindeer on the little table.

You might have to click on the pic to make it larger to see, but the new mini trees are the six white flocked ones from center across to the right.  The older green ones come down the left.  There is actually one more just out off the edge of the picture.  There are twelve total.  And in the four downstairs windows are lighted things . . . 
Not a very good pic, I know.  I just dashed out when it got dark to see how it all looked and snapped this quick pic on my phone.

When we got that all done the work moved inside.  Well, MY work did.  Hubby called it a day and worked on the second of our Christmas puzzles while I hauled all of boxes of decorations out again and redecorated.  The first time, last weekend, I'd gone extremely minimal.  It bothered me all week.  So today I put out almost all of the decorations.  I like it much better now.  I'm a little bummed though because I can't find one of my nativity sets.  I'm wondering if it was sacrificed in my great clutter purge of last year.

I will try to get holiday decor pics tomorrow.  It was too cloudy and dark today, and it was well into evening anyway by the time I was done.  Hopefully we have some sunshine tomorrow.  I also have to take a ton of bloggy pics because a few of my Black Friday orders came today.  *excited*

I will show you the puzzle that hubby finished . . . 
. . . and then I will head off to read before bed.

Do you decorate outside?
Do you have your decorating done?

6 comments:

  1. I just LOVE how the outside turned out! The little lit trees are so festive and beautiful. The light shapes in the windows look cheerful and add a little color. So nice! Your home is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. =)

      I don't really like where that brown star is on the side of the house. It was on the front but we moved it when we put ghoulies up for Halloween, and now we have Christmas swag things hanging there, so the star has stayed. The windows on each side of it are the craft room. :D

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Cute! I love the mini-trees! The hubs and I are debating whether to get a tree this year. I did start decorating my office though. Small things like a light up snowman and those sticky things you paste on windows. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get a tree! I love Christmas trees.

      Each of the windows in the craft room have a lighted thing in it. I have a little 18 inch tree that I haven't found a place for this year, and was thinking of setting it up in the craft room but it's such a mess in there right now. Maybe next year....

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Those mini trees are GORGEOUS! Especially at night! I love the window decorations, too!

    I would decorate outside this year, if we had an outside to decorate. I suppose we could decorate our porch, but I don't want to buy a 220v-110v transformer and have it sitting outside just to keep the lights on. I don't want to buy 220V decorations, either, because I'll just get rid of them in a year and I think that's a waste.

    I definitely don't have my decorating done. I'm dragging my feet. I'm so bad. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does suck, not being there long enough to really settle in and buy things. Do you have a tree?

      ~Deb

      Delete