Friday, December 30, 2016

Christmas Money Haul - Pt. 2 / Simon Says Stamp

I used a bit of that accumulated Christmas money (mentioned in Pt. 1) to place a small order at Simon Says Stamp.  I had a $5.00 off code and decided to take advantage of it.

The main thing I was looking for this time was Easter or spring papers.  I'm not sure why I didn't get the 12x12 packs, unless I was thinking I wasn't quite sure I liked these designs enough.  Not sure, but anyway, this one is the Hello Sunshine pack from Doodlebug Design.  There is nothing specifically Easter themed in here but the colors work and several of the pages could be used for it.

This is Doodlebug's Spring Garden pack and again, although there is nothing specifically meant for Easter, the colors work and plenty of the designs can be used.

When I did a search for 'Easter' on the site, these pastel embossing powders popped.  How cute!  If I ever master embossing, these will be great for Easter or even baby cards.

I've been wanting to try some enamel dots so I chose this Easter-ish colored pack from Doodlebug.

This pack of sequins from Little Things/Lucy's Cards is called Fairy Lights but the pastel colors might come in handy for Easter or spring or baby cards.

And finally, this embossing folder from Sizzix (called Woven) might be fun for a sort of Easter basket texture on the background of cards.

Now with all those fun ink pads I got yesterday, I need to get back into the craft room and start creating!
Part 3 of the haul probably won't come till next week since tracking tells me it should arrive 'by Wednesday, January 4.'  Fingers crossed it shows up sooner!

What fun things have you bought yourself lately?




2 comments:

  1. I wish I could get into crafting! I tried in college, which was long ago, but I was terrible at it. I didn't have the patience to finish any project I started. I tried cards and scrapbooks but no. However, my roommate was awesome and made so much fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've struggled with craftiness for years, mainly paper crafts. I try card making and I quit, only to have it nag at the back of my mind until I try again and quit again. I was trying to do it cheaply though, and I think that by biting the bullet and plunging in with proper tools and supplies is making a world of difference. I'm even considering regular scrapbooking now, which I was never interested in before!

      ~Deb

      Delete