Monday, December 26, 2016

Collective Craft Haul - Finally!

I will NOT let things pile up with the intent of doing a collective haul again.  Holy wow, I got so confused on what random things I'd already shown, and what I was still waiting to show.  Then I didn't know when to post it because I didn't want it to be part of a Blogmas post.  It just got pushed back more and more until it's all pretty much after the fact now.  Some of this goes back to Black Friday-Cyber Monday weekend.  Some is more recent, like from just a few days ago.  Gah!

This is a pic heavy post so let's just get going.

I ordered this anti-static tool because it supposedly helps with embossing.  It's pretty much just baby powder with a little brush applicator, and you brush it over the area you're going to heat emboss so the embossing powder sticks only to the ink, not stray speckles on the paper.  I have not used it yet.

Saw these 'wizards' stamps while browsing back around Black Friday and of course just had to have them.  And of course they were out of stock at the time.  As soon as they came back in, I jumped on them.

Lawn Fawn partnered with Simon Says Stamp last year and came up with this Merry Christmouse stamp and die set.  By popular demand they brought it back for a limited time this year and I snatched a set.  Never did use it on this year's cards though.

Lawn Fawn had a Black Friday (?) deal where if you spent a certain amount you'd get this Sealed With A Kiss stamp set for free, and if you spent a certain amount more you'd also get the coordinating die set for free.  This set was not available any other way at the time, although I hear it will be released on its own in 2017.  Obviously I spent enough to get both.

I got this Scalloped Treat Box die in that order.  You cut two of these shapes, fold, paste together and you have a cute little treat box that a gift card or candies or some small gift can be tucked into.  I had great plans to use this for small gifts this Christmas and, honestly, forgot all about it.

I got this in that order too.  It makes 3D bows, like bow-tie bows.  Again, I had big ideas to make a bunch of these and put them on gift cards holders and whatnot but nope, never did that either.  I thought I had a pic of the way to treat box and bow look once assembled, but like the rest of this haul, I was mistaken and ill prepared.

I needed just a little big more in that order to get the free stamp and die so I grabbed this small Winter Fox set too.  I like the simplicity of this.  I haven't used it yet but my favorite cards I did make this year were the simplest ones.

When you order from Lawn Fawn you always get samples of their papers, twines, and a small stamp.  These are the freebies I got with that order.

I ordered this nativity scene border die from Sugar Pea Designs and I absolutely love it.  I managed to make one card with it this year, and should have cranked out duplicates because I loved it.  I'll definitely be using it for 2017 Christmas cards.

I got this little jar of clear embossing powder to add to my little collection.  One of the card makers I follow said how to use it but now I can't remember offhand what she said.  Use it over black ink just to add some shine?

I ordered this 6x6 pad of Echo Park Christmas papers after seeing someone haul it in a video.  There is a tan with white snowflakes pattern (fifth from the right) that I loved so much . . . 
. . . that I immediately placed another order, but for the 12x12 pack just to have more of it!

I also ordered this 12x12 winter themed pack, also from Echo Park.

I saw someone use this stamp set from Sunny Studio in a card making video, and the way those light bulb stamps are used with different shades of ink make the bulbs look so lifelike!

Same with the jingle bell stamps in this set!  Using different shades of gray and silver ink made it look totally freakin' 3D and real.  And the little bow too.  I saw someone even do layered stamping with the pine branch.  I couldn't use it for cards this year because I don't colored inks yet.

The dies for the pine branch set were out of stock at the time, but I jumped on it as soon as they got more in.

You just know I had to get this set from Clearly Besotted.  I mean, it's Vikings!  I showed hubby and said "You know what every card I give you now will feature."  lol

I had ordered Lawn Fawn's Tiny Tags die set some time ago and thought, at the time, that I didn't need the stamps to go with them because it's easy enough to write 'To' and 'From' on them.  Once I'd made some of those tags though, I was kicking myself for not getting the stamps so I placed a quickly little order for this.

 
Even with just ordering that one thing, I still got the freebies.  This time it was a small 'Thanks' and star stamp and these snowy looking papers, and twine.

Shortly before Christmas, Lawn Fawn had their Valentine's release.  Some of the things didn't interest me, and Valentine's in general isn't a big thing for me, but I knew I'd better grab these things before they were gone.  I like these 'Scripty Word' dies they have.  There are a lot of different words that you can mix and match, and I'd eventually like to get them all, but for now I go 'be' and 'mine' cuz, well, it's for Valentine's Day.

I got this 'You Octopi My Heart' set, not really for Valentine cards, but for the octopus and bubbles to use in underwater themed cards like the mermaid one I did for a certain Redolent Mermaid we all know around here.

Everyone is going gaga over this set.  The thing I like most about it is that sentiment in there that says 'Instead of texting, I made this card.'  I love that!  One of the card makers I watch on YouTube said she's considering stamping that on the back of every card she makes, and I totally agree!  I also like the one that says 'Happy Mail.'

I grabbed this simple heart set too.  It's meant to be for stamping swatches of the Lawn Fawn inks onto their printable 'inventory' sheets, but they can just as easily stamp colorful hearts on all sorts of projects.

This Fancy Scalloped Circle Stackables die set should come in handy.  I saw someone use it in a video and it reminds me of old time lace doily edges.

Got the Fancy Scalloped Rectangle Stackables die set for the same reason.

The freebies from that order include these heart papers, twine, and a 'hello' stamp.

When I got notification from Simon Says Stamp about that pine branch die set being back in stock, I also picked up a couple Valentine things.  This embossing folder by Taylored Expressions has small hearts on it...
Bleah, still can't really see them in this closeup.  But anyway, I've liked the look from the couple of embossing folders I have so far.  It's an inexpensive and easy way to make plain paper fancy.

Picked up my first packet of sequins too.  I never thought I'd be into them, thinking I preferred more blingy 'gem stones' or even enamel dots, but the more card making videos I watch, the more I see them using sequins to subtly liven up a card.  I thought these from Pretty Pink Posh looked so Valentine festive!  I have a lot to learn though, because these are not really shiny or sparkly.  I guess I need to read details about their sparkle factor more.  lol

With that SSS order I also had a code for a free gift, and this is what I got.  It's tiny die set for tiny baking utensils.  I know some people get really into scene building on cards.  I'm not one of those people, yet.  I'll set this aside for now.  But hey, it was free!
 
That is my Nov-Dec collective crafty haul.  As I said, I will not wait to post stuff like this again!  What a mess!  This does not include what I got for Christmas.  I'll try to get that post up tomorrow.
 
For those who aren't interesting in crafty stuff, I apologize.  I think the blog will be a mix of things in 2017, and might lean towards card making for a while as I get my craft room stocked and really start practicing techniques and things.  There will be wax posts and nattering along the way though, so I hope you stick around!
 
Do you have a favorite hobby that you tend to dump money into?

2 comments:

  1. The octopus is darling! I spied a blue paper with cups of cream topped cocoa/coffee and I bet that would be a perfect border with your fox and mug stamp set! You have me dreaming of the possibilities. I bet the gift boxes will be cute. Have fun crafting in 2017!!! I tend to dump money into fabrics. I want to finish out my home though. Get a pendant lamp for above the tub and some storage and make another terrarium next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go back and looks for that blue paper! I'll have to try that combo. Thanks for the idea!

      I hope you get some crafting done in the new year too. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete