Sunday, December 4, 2016

Happy Mail From Julie

I got a package at my PO box!  My waxy bloggy friend Julie sent me a birthday package!  We both have December birthdays and both feel that December birthdays are often overlooked or lumped together with Christmas.  December babies have to stick together and acknowledge our days properly!

My birthday is later in the month but she'd teased that there was Lawn Fawn stuff in here, and allowed me to open it early.  You bet your bippy that I tore into it!

She always puts fun little touches in her packages, like this time there are hearts and a tiny little Christmas tree, along with a lovely note.  That tree will go into our little Christmas village stash, and we might even get that village out soon since we figured out a place to set it up.  (It hasn't been out in many years.)

She wanted me to try this peppermint tea even though she knows I'm not a tea drinker.  I will give it a try.

Blood (FuturePrim)- 'Sweet sugar plums spiked with mulled wine & spices.'
I'm excited to be able to try these wax melts from FuturePrimitive Soap.  And Julie must have been paying attention as I was really loving the warm, spiced drink type scents this fall.  This one is nice but not quite as deep and rich as the types I've been falling for.
 
Elf Sweat (Candy Panda) - 'Fizzy soda pop bubbles, candy canes, sweet syrup, sugar crystals and sweet candy notes.'
Elf Sweat is a popular scent that's been around for ages.  I've never been into it much, not sure why.  This one is sweet with a hint of the fizzy soda.  I don't really get any mint, but do get a lot of the sugary syrup.
 
 
Caramel Spice (CFTKR) - 'Top notes of buttery caramel, middle notes of bakery, maple, cinnamon, and bottom notes of vanilla.'
I didn't have much luck with caramel scents this year.  I seemed to be hyper-sensitive to the salty note of salted type caramels.  The cinnamon makes this one interesting.  My brain first gets leery because it seems like that salty type note but then I realize it's cinnamon, so maybe this will be okay.

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (CFTKR) - 'Plums, dark cherries and sweet oranges enhanced with peppery woody undertones.'
Look at this guy!  This is a tart I don't want to melt.  I'm thinking of just setting it out somewhere and let the cold scent treat that area.  This gnome-y looking Santa is about five inches tall and just shy of three ounces.  The scent is nice, sweet fruit with a bit of warmth, almost perfume-y.  Maybe I'll stand this up by my three King Ludwig pics in the craft room, a bit of an old world touch.

Look!  My first Lawn Fawn ink pads!  I feel like a big kid now, moving up from my cheapie little Walmart cubes of ink.  Julie chose 'Deep Sea' (because she's a mermaid at heart) and Black Licorice.  Can't wait to try these!

She also got me this cute little stamp and die set.  I've been eyeing this set since day one of my Lawn Fawn obsession but didn't know what I'd use it for.  It occurs to me now that I can use it for cards I send to my sister, who now lives in Wyoming and probably has jackalopes in her yard.  lol

When you order from Lawn Fawn you also receive free samples of their twine, papers, and a small stamp.  Julie could have easily kept these freebies for herself but she included them in my birthday package.  The stamp says 'hello' and there is also a tiny little flower stamp.  Cute!

Thank you so much, Julie, for your friendship, these gifts, and for putting something besides the weekly advertiser paper in my PO box!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Early Birthday! Even if you don't drink the tea, just make it and smell it. Dead serious.

    A Christmas village?! How fun! I do hope you set it up. And the jackalope was too cute to pass up. He wanted to come home with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to do that with the tea since, like I mentioned last night, it looks like my Christmas wax stash will run out before Christmas. LOL

      'Mmmm, what scent is that?'
      'Celestial Seasonings Peppermint Tea.'

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Aww, that Julie is a sweet one! <3 I made sure my packages to you two were extra big because of your B-days + Christmas... but I forgot to include any birthday wishes in my cards. LOL. It's the thought that counts, right?

    That Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy is too cute! I agree, it can't be melted. LOL!

    Please take pictures of the Christmas village if you put it up! I love little villages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sugar Plum Fairy Santa has indeed been placed by my King Ludwig pics in the craft room. And the craft room smells lovely just from him standing there!

      The village might not come out till next year because the place we're thinking of putting it currently has all my Santa's. I'll try to make tonight's Blogmas post my holiday decor pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

      And now I will be racing down to the mailbox to wait for that package!

      ~Deb

      Delete