Friday, December 23, 2016

Haul - Long Cane Primitives

Evil enabler Julie made me place this order.  She taunted me, shoved pictures of wonderful tarts in my face, mentioned a sale.  What was I supposed to do?  Seriously though, I don't think I've ever ordered from Long Cane Primitives myself, but I have enjoyed some of their tarts that waxy friends have shared with me.  I also think I might be getting my wax groove back, so I went ahead and ordered.

Get your sniffers ready!

Lemon Frosted Birthday Cake - 'Sweet lemon pastry & Birthday Cake.'
 Gotta have my lemons!  This is an absolutely delicious soft and creamy lemon bakery scent.
(I got a 4-pack of this.)
 
Brown Sugar Glazed Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - [no scent description]
Yeah, I know, we're past the pumpkin scent season.  These will get set aside till next fall.  This is a slightly drier version of the ever popular Pumpkin Pecan Waffles.  There is more of a nutty note in this one, giving it that dryness.  Nice, but not as rich and full as the classic PPW.
(4-pack)
 
Vanilla Mint Noel - 'Sweet creamy mint mixed with vanilla and Vanilla Bean Noel.'
Ohhh, yum.  I love this kind of sweet vanilla-mint!  It's minty first, just slightly cool and crisp, but then the warm vanilla notes quickly wrap it up into the soft and sweet yumminess I prefer.
(6-pack)

Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies - 'The aroma of sweet butter cookies baking with a dollop of tart ripe blackberry jam in the middle.'
I've been craving classic scents lately as my wax interest has rekindled.  This was all the rage a while ago, and one I hadn't paid too much attention to at the time.  It's quite yummy!  It's a super creamy bakery scent with just a hint of fruity sweetness.
(4-pack)
 
Serendipity - 'A sinful sweet delight, sweet creamy vanilla, sweet cherry, sweet orange citrus and yummy fresh coconut.'
This is the one that got me going on craving classic scents.  Sometimes I just can't handle Serendipity because it's so strong and sweet.  I just really want it right now though, so we'll see how it goes.  Usually different versions of Serendipity are either cherry-heavy or coconut-heavy.  I must be out of practice because I can't tell which this is.  It seems quite equal, which is just fine.
(6-pack)

Cranberry Noel - 'Sweet cranberry sauce and Vanilla Bean Noel.'
The familiar Vanilla Bean Noel notes are stronger than the cranberry.  I was hoping for the other way around.  There is enough sweet cranberry to make this hint at a holiday type scent, but it's also something I can see myself maybe melting all year.
(6-pack)

Fairy Dust - 'A sweet blend of pomegranate and citrus, creamy berry and musk with vanilla and sugar crystals.'
This one is interesting.  It's sweet, but an adult-sweet, not a super candy-sweet.  There is a hint of zing from the citrus and a teeny hint of creamy warmth from the vanilla creaminess, but the rest is sort of a dark sophisticated fruity blend.
(4-pack)
 
I usually don't buy multi-packs of tarts because I don't like to commit to large amounts of scents I haven't tried.  These were all on sale though, something like 35% off, and I don't think LCP offers singles anyway, so I just went with it.  The 4-packs were $2.99 and $2.76, and the 6-packs were  $4.23.  These were all picked from what was in stock in the Ready To Ship section.  I just checked and that sale is still going.

Cotton Candy Frosted Blue Ribbon Cookies - 'Blue Ribbon Cookies and Cotton Candy Frosting.'
I received two freebies with my order, which are always appreciated.  This is a very cozy, homey scent, just a tad sweeter than a regular sugar cookie type.  Yummy.

Peppermint Serendipity - 'Peppermint and vanilla mixed with notes of vanilla, and a little bit of caramel!'
(I don't think that description is correct.)
Another freebie, and another yummy one.  At first it's like that creamy sweet mint I love but then it's like 'Wait, what?' because you realize those Serendipity notes are in there.  So it's a sweet, creamy mint made a sweeter by cherry and coconut.

That is my order and I'm quite happy with it.  Because this was all from the RTS section, TAT was very quick.  I placed the order on Sunday morning, Dec. 18 and received it on Friday, Dec. 23.  Shipping is billed separately for a more accurate price when your order is ready to go.  I paid $6.10 and my order was sent in a padded priority envelope.

Are you a Long Cane Primitives fan?

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm!!! Nice!!! Hey. You can't beat a four pack for less than $3 right?! I really enjoy the Vanilla Mint Noel. I never knew you hadn't tried BJBC! It is a classic that takes me back too. I hope you enjoy melting these yummy treats. Sometimes it is nice to have a few extras on hand too for swaps and such. Looking forward to your melted reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried BJBC but never got into the craze. And you're right, as I looked at my new heaping pile of wax I was thinking 'Now I have something to share!' LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete