Thursday, January 5, 2017

Band of Bloggers - Jan. 2017 / Vol. 13


Hello, dear friends! We here at the Band of Bloggers would like to welcome you to a brand new year. We hope it will be full of good health and much happiness, and of course a plethora of fragrance. 

Let's kick off the new year by asking what your fragrant plans are for 2017. Are you trying new vendors, going on a low-buy or no-buy, or planning on burning more candles? Do you dream of new wax blends, trying out incense or something entirely different? Are perfumes, indie bath and body or artisan body care on your list? Or do you plan on making your own home made brews?

My interest in wax wavered in 2016 while I struggled with what I suspect was depression.  Things started turning around for the better towards the end of the year though and I'm looking forward to getting back into the waxy fun this year.  I'll still be sticking with easy to order from vendors, vendors with quick TAT, and vendors I don't need to be in a social media group for.  My tastes in scents seem to have changed somewhat during my unwaxy phase, so I'm curious to see what scents I gravitate towards this year.  I've already been craving old school favorites like Serendipity.  And I'm curious about what the hot scent trend might be in the general wax community.  2016 seemed to be super sweet and fruity scents, at least what I could tell from the little bit I paid attention.

And do tell us what your aromatic plans and goals for 2017 include!

We, sadly, have had a few bloggers lay down their pens. And they will be deeply missed. However, we are welcoming some new bloggers to this motley and aromatic group. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit these Band of Blogger blogs and help support the blogger community!


If you are a blogger and would like to join the Band of Bloggers for our monthly posts, please contact us.

8 comments:

  1. I am enjoying serendipity too. I couldn't really pin point a scent trend this year. Maybe I am out of it too. I am glad you are back into the wax swing. And I hope 2017 is good to you. Less darkness and more fragrant light. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The force of darkness has a lot of pull on me lately. May the smelly things lead me away!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. This year I've found out that serendipity isn't as bad as my nose used to think it was. It's opened whole new avenues for blending.
    Easy to order from vendors are awesome. Even if there's a "controlled" opening with some of the more popular vendors, I end up with a horrible racing heart and sweaty hands that make me need to sit down for a while and reevaluate my life. Why does this stuff get me so worked up? LOL
    Like Julie, I hope 2017 is brighter for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be that I could only do Serendipity in small doses because it's so sweet. So it's weird that I'm craving it. Maybe it's just a nostalgia thing...

      "and reevaluate my life"
      LOL - I know what you mean! It's been a while since I've even bothered with any kind of opening like that but yeah, I've been there before.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Hi Deb, I've just joined the Band of Bloggers and am looking forward to getting to know your blog better. So far, I've already discovered 2 wax vendors I hadn't heard of-Sweet Fixations and Torch & Key, very intriguing.
    My waxy interests show no sign of wavering yet, but I'm sure that's coming at some point. How interesting to read that your tastes changed after you've gotten back into it. I'm afraid I can't do Serendipity because I don't like cherry scents or much fruity in general, but maybe that will change for me sometime.
    Agreed on wondering what the hot scent trend forecast is this year...I might be the only one, but I'm hoping to see an end to the Lush dupe trend. I don't buy the products and only seem to like a couple of the scents that I've smelled in wax form.
    Any predictions? Which wax scent trend would you like to be over?
    P.S. nice to meet you, my name is Jay:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Did you get my email several days ago, welcoming you to Band of Bloggers?

      I'm glad the blog is proving helpful to people even after all this time. I love Sweet Fixations. She went away for a while but when she came back I was all over her stuff again. And Torch & Key, I was greatly impressed with what I tried but their scent list leans towards the types I don't prefer. Bummer.

      I have no predictions for scent trends, but would like to see vendors get back to being easy to order from. The way a lot of them do business keeps me from ordering.

      Do you have a favorite vendor?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I'm so sorry, Deb, I didn't see an email from you as far as I can tell. I've checked back 7 days bc that's as far as my stupid email app will let me go back. I'd be able to find it with search function but don't know what to search for...I'll get on the computer tomorrow and look again.

      Anyway, as I scrolled through your profile for email clues I was blown away to see the Boomtown Rats listed as a fave band! That's not a name one sees dropped everday. I find myself singing I Don't Like Mondays nearly every week (what a crazy origin story behind that song huh?) The only other one that comes to mind is Someone's lookin at you. What are your fave BR songs? I saw Cheap Trick in concert too, at a local rib fest! Safe to say they were past their prime, but I still thought they were cool.

      Re:vendors Good question, but I've tried so many vendors since May (30 now) that I like a lot of them. House of Phoebe Wax is a fave and are ready to ship, but I don't think they have the type of scents you like. They veer incense, fresh floral blends, a touch exotic. Other standouts have been Pour Girl's wax, The Bathing Garden and L3 Waxy Wonders, a lot of fun offerings from them.

      Delete
    3. The fact that someone else knows of the Boomtown Rats thrills me! I was vaguely aware of them before but it was Bob's work on the Band Aid project that got me into the Rats. I love so many of their songs...Rat Trap, Drag Me Down, Diamond Smiles, Hard Times. I loved Bob's first solo album too but didn't get anything after that.

      I'll try emailing you again. It will have Band of Bloggers in the subject line.

      ~Deb

      Delete