Sunday, January 1, 2017

Burned - BBW / Twisted Peppermint

Twisted Peppermint - 'Cool peppermint,sugared snow, vanilla buttercream, fresh balsam, hint of musk.'

 I really enjoy the Twisted Peppermint scent, have had it in body care during the Christmas season the past two or three years now.  I had this 1.3 oz. mini candle and burned it the other day in the living room.  We were lounging around home, playing Skylanders, so I just lit it and let it burn until it finished itself.  The scent was very very light, probably not even noticeable if I hadn't been paying attention.  Later it took on a hot waxy scent, and almost had paint smelling notes to it.  Like I mentioned yesterday with the Spiced Apple Toddy mini, maybe if I'd not burned it so long but blown it out and lit it again another time, maybe it would have kept a better scent.  It was too light though anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

7 comments:

  1. Oh pooh sticks! The girls picked this scent in the medium mason jars and it did really well in their bedroom. But The larger 3-wick last year did not do well for me. It got way too smoky. BBW candles have a mind of their own. I do love the minis to go around bath tubs and stuff for ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd ordered the little minis thinking I'd burn them in the craft room. It's a smaller room and I've had good luck with lighter tarts in there. But the crafting has sort of gone on hold while I order tools and supplies, and wait for those orders to get here. Soooo, I went ahead and tried the mini candles out in the larger areas where I never have much luck with them anyway. Great thinking, huh? lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I've never had ANY luck with smaller BBW candles; they simply don't throw. The three wick candles seem to vary year by year. My recently purchased Twisted Peppermint had excellent throw while the other 7 candles I bought were light to medium. At least there were no wick issues this time out.

    Happy New Year, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you!

      I used to have more luck with minis years ago, if I melted them as tarts. That's probably why I thought these would be okay to buy. *pfft* Lesson learned.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Bummer that it wasn't a performer. I find some pumpkin scents and Marshmallow Fireside do ok in the mini size but many others don't perform well. I have a Twisted Peppermint 3-wick and it throws really well thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes get jealous, envious, mopey when people seem to have no problems with BBW candles and buy them by the ton. I'm always wondering if they burn them in little tiny rooms and that's how they always have such good luck? Do they buy five of each and burn them all near each other and that's how they have such good luck? What are they doing that the rest of us aren't?! lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I seem to remember hearing about people buying fragrance oils or opening wallflower bulbs or something like that, and adding some to the candles to enhance them. Well then the candle isn't really performing well if you're having to boost the scent, is it? hehe

      ~Deb

      Delete