Sunday, January 29, 2017

Melted - Satin Suzie Scents / Afternoon Tea

Afternoon Tea - 'Spicy chai tea with sweet sugar cookies.'

This was nice, but I did not love it.  There is a nice spiced cookie type scent first and the tea notes come dashing in at the end, sort of like an aftertaste.  I always expect chai tea scents to have that creamy, warm depth, but if they aren't latte or don't have cream involved, they are more of a thin, pretty scent.  The spice lends itself to the bakery notes of the sugar cookie, which the tea notes, well, just tea.  Again, a nice scent but not enough to wow me.

I melted this 1.6 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had strong, long lasting scent.  I started this in the morning, maybe 9:00am, and still had scent, although a bit lighter, when I turned the warmer off at 9:00pm.

2 comments:

  1. I melted this one and had similar thoughts on it. It wasn't as rich or complex as other chai scents I've loved. I didn't have as good of luck with throw or longevity; moderate to light throw in my Glade warmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are chai scents that I've loved but I can't think of what they were or who they were from. I'll need to look back through old posts. I don't keep any notebook of notes or anything.

      That's so weird how wax works differently for people. I wonder if people just notice certain types of scents more easily? There have been tons of times when everyone but me seems to have great throw from things, and I always wonder why I'm the weird one out. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete