Saturday, January 14, 2017

Melted - Satin Suzie Scents / Roman Numeral V

Roman Numeral V - 'Lemon biscotti & brown sugar.'
 
 I don't know what the odd name of this one is in reference to.  Someone let me know.  I'm just curious.  Or maybe it's nothing.  Anyway, this seems like it would be a wonderful lemon bakery scent.  You know I'm all about lemon scents!  I just couldn't do this one though.  That salty caramel note is there.  Is it from the brown sugar?  Is biscotti salty?  I don't know, but it's there and my nose and brain have become weirdly sensitive to that saltiness.  The lemon note is very light, barely there against the bakery notes.  I tried to let this go, hoping it would tone down, but after and hour I gave up and turned off the warmer.  Bummer.

I melted this 1.6 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had strong scent for that hour I had the warmer turned on.

There are probably plenty of people who would like this scent but it just didn't work out for me.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer that this didn't turn out well for you. Is it all caramels that you find yourself having troubles with or just the salty ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salty ones. It seems like I've become hyper sensitive to what I think is salty type notes. It's *something* like that, and caramel often seems to be involved. Zuccpukey scents are very salty to me and it's that same sort of thing.

      ~Deb

      Delete