Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Mom's Cinnamon Baked Pears

Mom's Cinnamon Baked Pears - 'Smells just like mom is in the kitchen baking a warm pear cobbler with cinnamon sprinkled all over.'

I was actually really excited to melt this and get into 'everyday' scents.  (For those who don't know, I'm a very seasonal melter.)  This was one of the new scents added in December so I grabbed it to try.  It's not at all like I was thinking it would be.  I thought it would be much more like warm, syrupy spiced fruit, like a warm apple pie type.  This is a little difficult to explain.  It's more fresh than I could have ever expected.  It's more fruity than warm and spiced and bakery, but it's not juicy and summery.  It's sort of stuck in between the two types, the bakery and the fruity, and then has that sort of out of place 'fresh' note mingling in there.  It's an odd, but not horrible scent.  I don't think I'd get it again though.

I melted this 1.5 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had medium scent.  It was nowhere near as potent or long lasting as I'm used to with Sweet Fixations.

No comments:

Post a Comment