Sunday, January 8, 2017

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Santa Farts


Santa Farts - 'Fun blend of sweet candy with hints of chocolate and nutty vanilla.'

(Another holiday scent that I received last in the season but still wanted to melt so I have a reference for next Christmas.)

  I don't get into the potty humor of names with Farts and Poop, but I was trying all the new scents so I got this anyway.  And no, potty humor or not, I just cannot do this scent.  I could have sworn there was zucchini bread in this mix as it started to melt.  There isn't, so it has to be the 'nutty' part.  It's very salty, and very nutty, and that was all I was getting as this was in the process of melting.  I detected no sweet candy or chocolate.  Maybe if I'd let it completely melt and simmer for a while the other notes would have come through but I couldn't tolerate it enough to wait and find out.  I shut the warmer off before this was even halfway melted.

I know there are plenty of people who like the salty, nutty type scents so I'm sure this one has a fan base out there somewhere, but it's just not for me.

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I giggled like a silly child when I saw the name. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really an adult. LOL

    Bummer that this didn't turn out so good for you. I can see how it's not for everyone, though. I need my nutty scents mixed with something creamy or sweet to really like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So 14 year old Liz likes sweet and creamy nuts...

      =P

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Passing on the Santa gas. I would too. Doesn't sound like a fart I want to inhale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It scares me that there are ANY farts you'd want to inhale. *takes an awkward step away from the weird friend*

      ~Deb

      Delete