Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Natters - Jan. 25


We've had a Winter Weather Advisory since last night, running all day today.  Predictions varied quite a bit but I think for our area they were guessing around 4+ inches of snow.  It's been snowing all day but it's also been warm enough that a lot of it was melting when it hit the ground.  I'd say we did get several inches though.

I took some pictures this morning . . . 
 
 
I love the third one.  Click on it to see the larger version.  I might have to use that for things like my Facebook pic or desktop background.

Didn't do much today.  Had a bit of a crabby morning because my mind was racing with things that don't need worrying about right now.  I'm also fighting a cold or something.  The past two nights have been choppy sleep, stuffy nose waking me up, and today I'm just feeling so blah and tired.  I did take an hour nap this afternoon, and that seems to have helped a bit.  There were some computer problems this morning and I ended up switching back to my old one just to check some things.  Turns out I've been on this newer one long enough now that I cringed when I went back to the old one for that little bit.  LOL  Still not happy with the email program situation on this one though.  *grrrr*

I made brownies and two kinds of muffins today!  Okay, yeah, they were cheater kinds that you just dump out of the package and add whatever minimal ingredients, but hey!  I baked today!

I thought I'd maybe get into the craft room today but my blahness kept me from it.  I did play a bit of Skylanders but didn't accomplish anything in-game.  Again, my mind was elsewhere.  I did get one crafty thing in the mail though!
Remember the cute Harry Potter stamp set I'd gotten back around Christmas?  Well look who they have out now!  Officially it's called Grand Wizard because, well, you know they can't use the actual name be we all know who that's supposed to be.  How stinkin' cute?!  And I love that the flames can be stamped in a solid color OR and outline.  You know how I'm digging the colored stamping right now.

Vikings is on right now but I'm not watching.  We're DVRing it and will watch it later.  We'll also record Suits, which returns tonight.  And we're going to try The Magicians, which we've both been intrigued by whenever we see commercials for it.  I know we've missed a ton of that, like maybe the whole first season . . . ?  But oh well, we'll watch an episode and at least see what we think.

Minion's being uber pesty right now, and my cold cooties are acting up, so I'm off to try and read for a bit and hopefully get some decent sleep.

How do you deal with cold cooties?

6 comments:

  1. Please do a post about how you use the card making tools. I've LOVED the ones you've posted and want to see how you use the tools (it's way over my head just looking at them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see what I can do. I feel like I'm still fumbling around with this stuff myself so I don't know if I'm ready to be teaching anyone. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. These winter wonderland photos are so beautiful and serene. I am sorry you are not feeling well. Scarlette is in the same boat and then today at work I began feeling sick to my stomach and light headed. I came home early and have been sipping ginger ale and peppermint tea ever since. I really, really hope I am not getting a tummy bug or flu. I will probably take off work tomorrow. I don't want to spread anything in case I do have germs.

    I agree with Sarah. A fun little tutorial would be awesome to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're all feeling better soon!

      I'll see what I can come up with for some kind of tutorial. As I mentioned to Sarah (above), I don't feel very proficient with these things yet. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Hey Deb, if it wouldn't be a huge amount of trouble, I'd love to see a post sometime where you sort of show how these items work. Like, I *think* I know how some of the stamps work, with some being outlines and some being filler-inners (definitely not a word), but I'm curious about the dye cuts and whatnot. I'd love to see how these things actually work (or perhaps not - I'm easily enabled!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, guys! Three people on one post asking for tutorials? I'll see what I can do next time I get some decent time off. All my days off the past couple weeks have been fighting with computers or running around for one thing or another. MAYBE this week Thursday and Friday will be low key days that I can attempt some crafty how-to. I don't have any decent tripod either, so maybe I'll need to recruit Casey to take some pics.

    I'll try!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete