Thursday, January 5, 2017

Natters - Jan. 5


My two days back to work were interesting.  The crazy old guy I mentioned in my last Natters?  Found out he's in the hospital and will be there for a while.  He has fluid around his heart, and apparently everywhere else in his body because his legs and crotch ballooned up.  Two weeks before Christmas we'd all seen what looked like weird padding in his pants.  People made jokes about adult diapers and huge boners, but it looked like one leg was swollen too.  It looked very bizarre, and quite frankly, very embarrassing.  But like I said, this guy is quite strange anyway and just kept showing up at work in this condition.  He was walking all slow and stiff, with his legs apart, like a toddler with a full diaper.  He was muttering "I will not be here much longer," over and over again, and people wondered if he was going home or he was dying.  Then on the morning of Dec. 21 he called in and said he wanted to use up his vacation and have the rest of the year off.  So when everyone came back on Jan. 3 and he wasn't there, people were wondering.  The supervisor eventually learned that he was in the hospital with fluid around his heart.  I think that's a pretty big deal, right?  Like, you don't just get better from that.  This might possibly be the end of his work days.  Not to wish ill upon him but . . . yay for us at work!  Seriously, my stress level has already dropped by huge amounts with him not being there, and with the possibility of him retiring.

On the home front, our furnace is fixed.  We haven't gotten the bill yet.  Kinda dreading what that will be.  Fattycat continues to improve.  He's filling out, moving around the house more and being social again, drinking what seems like plenty of water.  I think this potassium stuff is really helping.  It's weird, we didn't really realize how far he'd slipped until we see how much better he is now.  I mean, yeah, we knew he was sleeping a lot and that he was skinny, but it was just sort of accepted as part of his age and thyroid condition.  It's very funny when he gets all vocal at hubby in the evening, demanding his evening pill/supper.

Well hello, boys!  Minion often parks in front of my computer screen but it's rare and been a long time since Fatty's gotten in my space like this.  It's almost unheard of that they were both here at the same time.  I guess that sunny spot was in high demand on this subzero temp day.  lol

Minion finally tackled the obstacles on the activity board.  We haven't used it much because they both lost interest when they figured out they had to work for the treats.  They prefer the wobble one where Minion bats it around and the treats fall out.  But today I set it out for them, put a whole bunch of treats in, and just left it.  Fatty sniffed around it but didn't bother trying.  Minion stared at it for a while then just started pawing at it like a champ.  Silly cats.

I didn't get any craft work done today but I did get some bloggy stuff done.  My time management hopes are not getting off to a very good start.  I spent way too much time just sitting here mindlessly clicking through favorite sites instead of getting up and doing SOMETHING productive.  It took me till about 1:30pm to finally kick it into gear, and even then it wasn't much.  Ah well, we'll try for a better day tomorrow.

Off to read now!
Tell me something about your day . . .

8 comments:

  1. It's good that that guy isn't back at work if he's having such a bad health crisis. Even better that you guys don't have to deal with him. We had an incredibly creepy old man who worked with me back when I worked. He was a dishwasher and we needed them, so he stayed, but he would say some incredibly awkward things. He finally got some back pay on something he had been waiting on for years and we never heard from him again. He didn't even pick up his final paycheck.
    Yay for Fattycat getting better! You look like you have two very happy kitties on your hands. :)

    I have a love/hate relationship with websites like Imgur and Reddit. I can easily waste away hours clicking through the images and reading, so I'm wary of these sites. Hopefully tomorrow is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Imgur but I know Casey spends a good chunk of time at 9gag (or whatever it's called) so I'm guessing your situation is something like that? lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Deb! How strange to keep coming to work when you're that ill! He sounds like a very unhappy person.

    Glad to hear Fattycat is more active now. Amazing how small things make such a difference!

    I am back at my old job again for the time being. Things at the dental lab were difficult--the culture is very backstabby & they wanted me to do more sales that I was really comfortable with, so when my old boss said he had a short term project available, I said sure. Now I have time to read blogs again! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you! Well I'm glad you're back at your old job for very selfish reasons.....cuz it gives you time to come back to my blog. =)

      So you'll not go back to the dental lab after this short term project?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. No, not going back. There's too much dysfunction there, though I will miss so many of the people. My long term goal is to actually move to Oregon to be closer to my family so trying to see if I can find a job there instead.

      On the true crime beat, have you seen The Staircase? I watched it a few months ago and have no idea what to think!

      Delete
    3. I don't think I've heard of The Staircase, and will need to look that one up.

      Ugh, my workplace is all about dysfunction. UGH, I say.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Poor old man. I feel bad people were making fun of him :-( I hope he heals and can have some good days ahead of him.

    Glad work wasn't so bad. I know it was hard going back. I am super excited to hear Fattycat is getting to peak health! Tod gives us what for every morning for breakfast and every afternoon for her dinner. About the only time she meows unless I am "talking" to her. >read meowing like a nut< I am pretty sure dog people don't bark at their dogs (or do they?).

    Hmmmm... something about yesterday. I was tired and I told Adam I wasn't making dinner so he ordered pizza for him and Scarlette, wings for Savanna and a grilled chicken caesar salad for me (trying to behave somewhat). And we watched Top Gear. I danced to Gangham (sp?) Style with Scarlette and Never Gonna Give You Up from Just Dance on YouTube. We walked the neighborhood and then I read during a bubble bath. The end. Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crappy that people joked about the guy but he's strange, and it was a bizarre situation so I suppose people just didn't know what to think.

      We used to bark at our dogs. LOL I don't think we meow at our cats but we do talk to them like they understand and like they'll answer. Kinda like when you talk to babies with the "Oh I know, it's so rough sleeping all day and being carried around" type stuff.

      You have no idea how hard I laughed when I read you'd gotten a salad. I totally blurted out "Sally Soul Smasher!" Do you know that commercial?! LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete