Thursday, February 16, 2017

Haul - Rosegirls / Wax


It's been a while since I've ordered from Rosegirls.  Coming up on a year soon, I think?  I'd stopped ordering because I wasn't having much luck with scent strength.  A lot of other people had mentioned that too, a sort of general decline in Rosegirls performance.  I don't follow them anymore on FB so I've become clueless to openings and news and whatnot.  It was a total fluke that I saw a post in January about an opening.  I decided to give them another chance for a variety of reasons.  One, I'm hoping things might have improved over this year I've been away.  I'm also thinking that even if they are still weak, my craft room is small and lighter scents have been working in there.  I still do like that Rosegirls is local to me and I can support local business that way.  And, heck, I just love a lot of their scents!

So anyway, let's see what I got.

Hippie Juice - 'Lemonade, watermelon, strawberry, coconut.'
I'm not loving the new logo but I do absolutely love that they now put the scent description on the labels!  Yes!!!!  It was always such a demon of a scavenger hunt to try and track down descriptions for Rosegirls  products!  Anyway, I was looking for some laid back, everyday scents for spring and summer, and this sounded all-around yummy.  The lemonade zing hits your nose first but it quickly settles down to a sort of candy-sweet scent.  I think the watermelon is working hard along with the lemonade.  None of the scents really stand out individually.  This will be fun to try but I don't think I'd order this one again.  It's just a bit too candy-like for me.

Lemon Birthday Cake and Cookies - [no scent description]
Well, no description on this one but I think the name is pretty self explanatory.  I'm surprised this isn't more lemony.  Really, I thought it would be bright and bold lemon with bakery notes behind it.  Nope.  It's the other way around.  There is a lot of vanilla bakery happening in this, more like batter than finished baked goods, and then a little burst of lemon sits shyly in the background.  It's actually kinda blah.  I'm curious how this will be when warmed.

Best Friends Forever Club - 'Pineapple, lemonade, and frosted cupcakes.'
That same zippy lemonade note from Hippie Juice hits your nose first again with this one.  I think I detect a bit of the pineapple note under that, and then just a light bed of sweet cupcakes.  This one has a little more depth than Hippie Juice, with the bit of bakery adding a bit more substance.  This one is still very sweet but not quite as powedery-candy-sweet as the other.

Americana Smoothie - 'Blackberry Jam, Monster Cookie, and Smoothie.'
Ahhhh yes.  This is a classic and I remember absolutely loving it back in the day.  At least I think this is the one I loved.  There were a couple 'Americana' and 'Smoothie' blends that were popular, if I'm remembering correctly.  But anyway, this one is soooo yummy.  It has that deep, rich, creamy note that to me is a signature note of Rosegirls.  I do get the Monster Cookie notes, and there is just enough of a fruity burst to brighten it all up, while the smoothie wraps it all in that delicious creaminess.  Love this one!

I placed this order on Jan. 7 and received it Feb. 16.  Bags were $10.50.  Shipping was a flat rate of $9.00.  I think it was flat rate anyway, because I remember it was charged at time of purchase instead of at time of shipping as it has been in the past.  Bags were advertised as 8 ounces of wax.  Mine range from 8.0 to 8.3 ounces.  Individual chunks range in size from 0.7 to 1.9 ounces, with most being 1.0 and 1.1 ounce.  The four bags I ordered came in a Regional A box, nicely packed with tissue paper.  There were no extra samples.

I'm looking forward to giving these a try and my fingers are crossed that they'll perform better than last time.

Are you a Rosegirls fan?
Have you ordered lately?

4 comments:

  1. Nice!!! Mine came today! I am going all goo goo eyes over your Americana. I like their Americana blends too but I didn't do this one as I am waiting on the Americana Wafers that was apple pie and blueberry. I hope she brings it back. I just can't do the lemonades really. I am looking forward to your melted thoughts. Hoping these melt strong for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there was a Wafers something or other scent that I loved, but can't think of what it was. I think there was strawberry in it.

      Sometimes I can't do lemonade. These are quite tart and zesty, which I'm not a huge fan of, but we'll see how it goes.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. That Americana Smoothie looks like a hit. I never know what's going on w/them either but happened to catch they are open for preorders now and almost broke my wax ban. Fortunately or unfortunately depending how you look at it, not one preorder category was my thing. Maybe, when I'm ready to buy, she'll do the fresh spa scents again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost ordered a bakery sampler but then talked myself out of it. Just not sure yet how strong these will be.

      It's a bummer when you can't get scents you love from vendors. That's one reason I like Sweet Fixations and Dessa's. If you love one of their scents, you can go back and order more whenever you want.

      ~Deb

      Delete