Saturday, February 11, 2017

Natters - Feb. 11 / Frazzled


Hello!  You know that scene in Poltergeist when the mom is trying to run down the hall to save her kids and the hall just keeps getting longer and longer?  Well that's how I feel lately.  It seems I'm losing time all over the place, like I can't get caught up on anything, and I can't figure out why.  I tried doing a Natters post the other day but it just turned into this super negative whiny thing and I deleted it.  I feel anxious and frazzled but at least it's not accompanied by that dark place I was in most of last year.  It doesn't *feel* like that so it'be much easier to cope with even if it is highly annoying.  I'm seriously starting to think I need to lock myself away in a room for a little bit each day and start meditating or something.

So anyway, we finished watching the first season of The Magicians this evening.  I almost gave up on it around episodes 8 and 9.  It seemed to get super raunchy around then and everything was about sex.  It was like every comment had some sexual reference, every scene had something dirty, and everyone was having sex with everyone.  I mean, seriously, they had to cast spell to light a beacon by having sex and climaxing together . . . ?  It just got old really fast.  It also seemed like the stories were getting all scattered and complicated.  I was quite sure I was going to quit watching then.  I went on IMDB though, and read the descriptions for the remaining episodes and thought it all sounded interesting enough to keep going.  The final disc of the season arrived from Netflix today so we watched the last three episodes this evening and yeah, I'll keep watching.  Well, for now at least.  We have the first two or three episodes of the second season recorded, so I'll watch those soon and see how I feel about it then.

I did make a few cards the other day.
I don't really care for this one much.  It got sooooo far away from my original idea.

I like this one a little more.  This was sort of thrown together in frustration, using scrap pieces.  I decided it would go to my mom, so I colored the birds red because she's all about cardinals.

A little boy birthday card.  This one turned out okay but it was still frustrating because it took so freakin' long just to make this one card.  I'm still so fumbly bumbly uncoordinated and inefficient in doing this.  One funny thing about this one though . . . (see next pic)
. . . is that it looks pretty darn cool even without the plaid and the frame.
I discovered that while I was assembling it all and considered just stopping there but I already the other pieces cut and ready to go.  It's funny that I keep loving my most simple looking cards most, yet I can't seem to stop myself from trying to go for the fancy look.  It's like maybe I feel the need to use all my fancy papers and dies to justify my spending money on them.

And then there is this one.  It looks like Hermione has a bubble wand.  Oops.  LOL

I know I need to just keep working on it, that I'll get more efficient and coordinated with all the tools and whatnot.  It's just so frustrating when I have an idea in my head then sit down at the craft table and just blank on how to go about doing it.  It's frustrating that I've put money into having a variety of tools and options yet don't ever reach for most of them, or fail at attempts at using them.  Hubby went shopping with me this morning and we were browsing the craft and hobby aisles at Walmart, and I had this huge internal fight with myself.  There is this girl that Casey and I know from work and she has a goal of opening a bakery.  She's working like crazy on getting better at making and decorating different cakes and things.  She's not afraid of failure.  She doesn't get upset about a lopsided cake.  She just dives back in and works on making the next one better.  She popped into my head while we were in the cake decorating/party supplies aisle, and I silent screamed at myself that I should just go back to making soap because at least I got somewhere with that.  *grrrr*  No one seems to understand how or why this is so frustrating to me.  I don't understand either.

And yes, I know it's just as frustrating for you guys to have to read my whining about it.

On that whiny note, I will go read a bit before bed.

Tell me something!  Anything!

7 comments:


  1. I'm going to go drink a Pepsi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regular or caffeine-free? Poured from a bottle? Poured from a can? Or straight out of the can? Do you use a straw in your glass or can?

      We have no Pepsi here today.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. It was regular, drank from the can.
      I'm going to have another.
      Just cleaned up the mountain of toys all over J's room so big you could barely walk. Might be time for the first real Toy Purge. (Is that the next Purge movie?)

      Delete
    3. Pack some away, and bring them out in a month or two. He'll think they're all new toys. Or have you done that already?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    4. Oh, and I've been having caffeine-free Pepsi from two liter bottles more often lately.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Omg, the cards are great! I love how the hippo & birds turned out and the Harry Potter one is so freakin' cute. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. =)
      I'm hoping to get more craft playtime today and tomorrow (days off) so we'll see how that goes!

      ~Deb

      Delete