Thursday, February 16, 2017

Natters - Feb. 16


Day off today and I had no real plans, so that was good.  Thought maybe I'd go get my hair cut but in the end just stayed home being lazy.  Work did call at about 5:30am to see if I'd come in.  Of course, I ignored that message.  I don't know if it was because of the immigrants protest day thing happening or what.  *shrugs*

I tried watching The Hollow Crown: Richard II today.  I'd gotten that and disc one of The Hollow Crown: Henry IV from Netflix.  I quickly gave up when I saw it was Shakespeare.  I mean, yeah, I knew it was an adaptation but I was hoping it would have been acted out in non-Shakespeare dialogue.  Nope.  Oh well, gave up within minutes and will send them right back.

Got my Rosegirls order today, which I've already posted about.

The weather was quite nice here in Wisconsin today.  It got up to the mid30s and there was a decent amount of sunshine.  It's been warm and lovely lately, and supposed to get much warmer for the next several days.  We're supposed to hit 50 tomorrow and possibly mid50s this weekend!  Of course we all know winter is not truly over yet.  We'll drop back down in temperatures again and probably get blasted with at least one more snow storm this season.

So here's a news flash!  I got frustrated in the craft room again today.
I went in there with no real plans or expectations, figured I'd just play around with different techniques or whatever came to mind.  And then I just sat there and blanked out.  Again.  It's like, GEEZ, just do something!  But I think it's a fear of wasting supplies that keeps me from just playing around.  So I sorted some things, trying to do some better organizing, and pulled out the few Easter stamps and papers I have on hand.  In the process I found I have a double of one of my sentiment sets, and that made me even more crabby.  I must have ordered them close together and not marked them off my list in between.  *grrr*  I think I might be able to send one back and exchange it for something else.  I'll have to check into it more.

I did make one card though!
Probably should have waited till tomorrow to get a pic in daylight but oh well.  It looks rather plain but I did actually practice some techniques with this one.  Like the bunnies, sentiment, and egg are all heat embossed, and the lower part that looks woven is from an embossing folder.  I thought the woven look would be cute for and Easter basket type look.
There is also a faint bit of shimmer on the bunnies and egg.
The bling on each side was a complete after thought, just to see how they'd look.  I'm not sure how I feel about them.  You can't really tell in the pics but the upper section is many spring/Easter colored dots.

That's about it for today.  Tomorrow I'll go grocery shopping and since Valentine's is over now, the Easter stuff should be out at Walmart.  Maybe I'll find some fun goodies!

How was your day?


4 comments:

  1. I like how the basketweave embossing turned out... nice effect.

    Totally know what you mean about Shakespeare. I got all excited about watching King Lear with Laurence Olivier a few months ago and put it on hold at the library. Finally got it, popped it in the DVD player, and... nope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spotted a lot of familiar faces in the few minutes of Richard II that I watched, so I was all excited about that, but when I couldn't understand what the heck they were saying I gave up. Something about one guy accusing the other of treason..... lol I'll just go back and watch all my British royals DVDs like White Queen, etc.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Love your Easter card. It is adorable! Glad you had a good day. Are there strikes going on up where you are? I love the idea of reading Shakespeare but the language is a challenge for me to get past. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not really strikes. Every once in a while though there are Day Without Immigrants protests, where immigrants don't go to work in an attempt to show how businesses will be affected without them. Whatever. I don't know what they're expecting to gain from it. Work goes on....

      ~Deb

      Delete