Thursday, March 2, 2017

Band of Bloggers - Mar. 2017 / Vol. 15


Welcome to the March edition of Band of Bloggers!  Hopefully this month begins to bring more temperate weather and the first signs of spring! In my neck of the woods, conditions have been alternating between crazy heavy rain/high winds and beautiful sunshine and blooming flowers. I hope the weather will stabilize a bit this month. Since the month of March usually holds the first signs of spring, that begs the question:

What are your favorite scents to melt and wear for spring?
Are you a fan of traditional spring scents such as florals, fresh/clean, earthy, herbal, etc?
Do you consider yourself a seasonal melter (melting scents traditionally associated with a particular season in that season?)

I am a verrrrrrry seasonal melter and darn proud of it.  Spring is always floral scents to me.  Sadly, I am not a floral scent fan.  Lilac is one of the few florals I like and I will melt that in spring even though the lilacs don't bloom until summer around here.  I also find I'm reaching for brighter, happier scents around springtime, things like sweet, fun fruit scents.  Nothing in particular comes to mind at the moment because spring scents are probably my least favorite.

We hope you'll join the fun and leave your own answer in the comments below.
And we hope you'll visit these Band of Blogger blogs and help support the blogger community!











If you are a blogger and would like to join the Band of Bloggers for our monthly posts, please contact us.

10 comments:

  1. When I was writing the questions, I kind of thought: Deb's going to say "No I don't like spring scents." Lol! Interesting that you do like lilac though. It's fun learning something new about fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - You know me already! I don't know if it's just that I'm worn out after the overload of fall and Christmas scents, and that's why I tend to slack off in spring? Or maybe I really do dislike the spring scent options? Perhaps a combination of the two.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Agreed - springy florals can be a bit much, and fresh scents seem to lean super soapy to me. The florals can stay on the trees (or the bushes, I suppose) - they smell perfect there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I don't even like the floral scents in their natural tree, bush, stem state. When we go to the garden centers in spring and summer I'm often like 'Eeeuw' at the mix of scents. They often remind me of cheap bathroom air fresheners. Bleah.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I wonder what other springtime scents could be mined besides fruit and floral; vegetables, a la, Bath and Body's tomato vine? Nevermind that's also a fruit. How about rain, spring breeze or spearmint? I love tea scents this time of year, but a lot have lemon too.
    The Bathing Garden has a few crazy easter concoctions: lollies, limes, coconut gardenia, lemongrass and hay. I'm kind of excited about them honestly and hope they aren't too perfumey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mainstays (from Walmart) has a scent, can't remember the name, but it's blue wax and we get it in the small dish candle version, but anyway it's a fresh rain type that I quite like. Your mention of lime has me wanting some coconut-lime now.

      I don't have very good luck with The Bathing Garden. I like her scrubs but her wax is usually iffy on strength for me. I often look at her lists when the emails come out, but I almost never order. =(

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. You could melt your lemons in spring. But isn't spring/summer when you normally take a wee wax break? Are you feeling like taking one this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring/summer is indeed usually when I take some sort of break for one reason or another. I'm not feeling that "I quit!" urge this time, but I'm not as urgently working through my stash right now either. I'm mainly working on 'everyday' scents that were gifted to me.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. I reach for happier scents as well. I think it's because Spring has historically been a tough time of year for me so I try to do everything I can to lighten the mood.

    What?? YOU, a seasonal melter? Why, I never noticed! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me spring is like coming out of a long tunnel, like "Yay, we made it through another one!" Days are getting longer, temps getting warmer, flowers starting to come up. It's like wiping the slate clean after the hectic holidays and cold, dark winter.

      My name is Deb, and I am a seasonal melter.

      ~Deb

      Delete