Saturday, March 11, 2017

Happy Mail From Julie

I received a fun and thoughtful package from Julie the other day.  It came at a great time and was a wonderful distraction for a while.  The card and what she wrote were so lovely, and then I pulled this out of the package . . . 
Oh my gosh!  How cool is that?!  She hand stitched this for me and my crazy craft room, in my Vikings colors, and worked in my blog's name!  I love it.  Thank you so soooo much, Julie!!  I haven't decided if I'll hang it on the door or somewhere closer my work spot.

There were other fun things in the box too, like these festive little Valentine bits.
(It was originally a Valentine's box but had gotten delayed.)

This happy little garland of smiley faces could be fun across a shelf in the craft room.

A pack of Fantastic Beasts stickers.  Can you believe I still haven't seen this movie?!

This pack of stickers is pretty neat.  They look and kind of even feel like wax seals, and say Just Because and Thinking of You.

Oh boy, she's helping stock my craft room.  These Christmas trees 'shaped glitter' (more like table scatter confetti) and iridescent sequins will be fun to play with on cards.

And then of course there is wax.  As you all know, that's just what we do!
This is one of the new 719 Walnut Avenue essential oil candles.  I think I mentioned them here on the blog, didn't I?  Gah!  Anyway, hubby and I had already tried one and were disappointed in the candle, but liked the jar and kept it to repurpose it somehow.  It was funny to see this in the box, and we agreed we happy to have another jar.  LOL  I might scoop the wax out of it this time and try melting it at tarts.  I do like that almond scent, but the solid white jar takes away the ambiance of burning a candle.  The scent didn't throw very strong in there either.

Sugar Cookie Corn Pudding (CFTKR) - 'A sweet cookie aroma mixed with our yummy sugar corn pudding...a new twist to our infamous corn pudding,'
This is yummy, sort of a cozy, homey scent.  I think it's a tad stronger on the sugar corn pudding, but the cookie notes are there.

Mulled Wine (CFTKR) - 'An apple cinnamon type "wine" that will make you dream about sitting in front of a fire on a cold winter's night.'
It was so funny to see this in the box.  She'd featured this scent in a haul post on her blog and I'd commented about it.  We'd talked in the comments about how I don't have the patience to order from CFTKR and she said if there is anything I want to let her know and she'd try and get it.  I said I wanted the Mulled Wine, duh.  LOL  Now one has shown up for me and heck yeah it's the kind of fall scent I totally fell in love with last year.  It's that deep spiced drink type, juicy but dark.  I'll probably tuck this away until fall.
Mrs. Cratchit's Christmas Pudding (The Bathing Garden) - 'Smells of rich cake, plums, raisins, shredded carrots, brown sugar, and cinnamon with vanilla brandy drizzled over the top.'
I think we were talking about this one recently too.  I just never have much luck with TBG wax so I very rarely order.  Even this one is hard to get a real idea of what it smells like because it's coming across so light on cold sniff.  What I can smell reminds me of slightly perfume-y graham crackers.  I'll still give it a chance in the warmer though, because I have been surprised before.

Cookie Baking at Mom's / Edelweiss (Vintage Chic Scents) - 'Vanilla Frosted Gingerbread Men Cinnamon Buns Sugar Cookies / Gooey Gingerbread Cake Cream Cheese Frosting.
This one smells pretty darn yummy.  It's a sweeter but still dark gingerbread scent, and I do get the slight cream cheese notes.  I'll probably tuck this away for the Christmas season.

Nilla Strawberry Noel (Rosegirls) - [no scent description]
Ohhh yes, an old favorite.  I'm sure everyone knows what it smells like already.  I get quite a lot of the Vanilla Bean Noel from it this time, with a little pop of strawberry, and that signature RG creaminess.

Star of Wonder, Star of Night (Rosegirls) - [no scent description]
Julie also featured this on her blog recently, mentioning it is a blend of strawberry and Serendipity.  I've been craving the old school scents like Serendipity lately.  This is a nice mix.  Sniff it once and it seems Serendipity heavy, sniff it again and it seems the strawberry is stronger.  Either way, I get both easily, and the strawberry or whatever is with it sort of tones down the Serendipity, which can be too sweet for some people.

There was also a box of chocolate/caramels included in this Happy Mail but it was, uh, unavailable by the time I got a chance to take pics for the blog.  I do thank Julie though, for everything in the package and for the thoughtfulness of each item she chose.  The stitched sign still warms my heart!!

Thank you, Julie!
And I promise I will get a long overdue box out to you as soon as I can!


10 comments:

  1. How sweet! Julie is so thoughtful. I just adore the hand stitched sign! I agree about those soy candles not being the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll stick with the regular 719 Walnut Ave. candles. I've had good luck with those.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Fantastic assortment of fun items! That craft room sign is beautiful. Julie is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You both send such a fun mix of things. You both spoil me! =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Lovely! The craft room sign is perfect! I also have not seen Fantastic Beasts yet. Finally watched Finding Dory this weekend and it stressed me out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...it stressed me out." LOL That doesn't surprise me. Are those fun, animated, kids movies getting more dramatic and emotional these days, or are we just getting more sensitive in our old age?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. That is so darn cute - what a lovely little pick-me-up. Glad it made you feel a little perkier.

    That Julie, though - SO un-generous, never thinks about others. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did indeed! =)

      Freakin' Julie... *shakes head and rolls eyes*

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Agreed! She's making us all look bad. =P

      ~Deb

      Delete