Friday, March 31, 2017

Natters - Mar. 31


Hello!  I can't even really remember what I've covered in recent Natters so forgive me if I'm repeating anything.  Casey finally got his internet working.  Turns out it was a broken wire in the line coming into his apartment.  He's much happier now that he has internet again, and has been home much less.  He did come over yesterday because he missed the cats, and ended up falling asleep on the couch most of the afternoon.  He was back again today to pick up the game controller he'd forgotten yesterday, and ended up falling asleep again.  Ty came over too today.  Turns out his internet was down so he was bored.  *snort*  Like he came to visit his mom or anything.  They were going to go back to Casey's place and play video games but then Ty decided he didn't want to and Casey fell asleep for a bit longer.  lol

Hubby's had a chance to play around on his new tractor a bit now.  He's trying to level out some spots in our driveway.  There are some potholes and just the ruts that have gotten deeper over time.  It's been so wet and muddy lately though that he hasn't been able to really get out there and get busy.  He's also reeeeally been into coloring lately.  My own interest tapered off for the moment because I've been playing UO again, but there is an itch to get back to it.
We went ahead and splurged on a monster set of Prismacolor pencils.  This is the 150 color (?!) set.
Lordee, look at all those shades!  They just arrived yesterday and neither of us has tried them yet.  We're sort of in awe, like "Don't touch them!"  Everyone swears by these pencils though.  He found out even his friend/coworker uses these.  We didn't even know that guy and his girlfriend were into coloring.  lol

I have not made ANY cards lately.  I need to get back to it.  I'm kinda doubting I'll get Easter cards made in time.  *sigh*

Hubby and I watched Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children last night.  I was surprised by how much he seemed to enjoy it.  I read the book a couple years and really enjoyed it.  I didn't like the second one nearly as much.  I think there is even a third one now?  Anyway, seeing this movie was quite fun.  I'm not a fan of time travel stories so I do have my grumbles about this whole thing, but the movie was just fun to watch.  I even had to show Ty and Casey some bits of it today because the 'hollows' (the main monsters) are very Slenderman-like.  I wonder if they're making a second movie?  And I'll need to check if there is indeed a third book.  If so, I might have to change my mind about giving up on the story and go ahead and read it.

For now, I must go.  Hubby will be home soon and some Big Bang Theory DVDs are calling to me.

Are you a Miss Peregrine fan?  Have you seen the movie, read the books, or both?
What else has been happening in your world lately?

9 comments:

  1. WOW Deb1 I am in awe of those color pencils too. How cool. Where did you order them?

    Hoping hubby gets to putter around on his tractor soon. I have yet to see the Peregrine's movie yet. Yes there is a third book. I would love to read the series but I need to read the second book. The first one I enjoyed but obviously not enough to keep plowing through them all. Glad to hear you and all your menfolk are doing well. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered the pencils from Amazon. It was some set that also came with a fancy little eraser and a snazzy pencil sharpener. I didn't know that at the time though, just ordered the biggest set I could find. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed Miss P the book so much, I think it was scarier than the movie and ends abruptly whereas the movie continued into the second book's plotline. The 3rd book is Library of Souls which I hadn't gotten around to reading yet. As much as I loved the first book, the novelty wears off in the second. I enjoyed the movie as a separate entity, especially Miss P herself, she was supertough.
    Those pencils! Wouldn't want to use them either, but I'd want to read all of the color names and sort them into groups all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention I've been binging on The Big Bang myself, it's a silly mood-lifter.

      Delete
    2. I reread my book reviews of the Miss Peregrine's books that I have posted and yeah, I think you're right that the book was scarier. I mention in the review that there were a couple parts that gave me the heebie jeebies, but I don't recall what those parts were now, and the movie certainly didn't make me feel that way. I think his discovering the other kids was creepier in the book. In the movie they just sort of present themselves and he's more like 'Oh hey there.'

      I love Big Bang Theory, but I don't watch the current/new episodes, and I have no idea why. I started a marathon viewing a few years ago, determined to get through all the old seasons and then start watching the new ones, but never got very far. I'm trying that again now. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. LOVE THOSE PENCILS!!! Glad to hear Casey is settling into his place now the Internet is working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't used them yet but hubby's been quite wowed by the pencils. I'm afraid they'll be used up too fast though because he has a heavy hand when using them. He doesn't really shade much, just uses another color for 'shading.'

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Yay for fixing internet issues! I think back to when Michael and I moved in to our first place together and it boggles my mind that we managed to go two and a half months without internet.

    I'm so excited that you decided to pick up the Prismacolors! So many colors to choose from. Are you overwhelmed by the choices yet? LOL

    One of the things I have realized since coming to Korea is it's okay to not use my crafty things 100% of the time. I left a lot of my paper craft goods with my parents and I've found myself craving those things since I've been here. The same thing has happened with crocheting and knitting. I'm a very cyclical person - I rotate through the games I play, the book genres I read, and even the crafts I do. That has made it a lot better in my mind about all of the hobbies I pick up; I may not use this NOW, but I know I WILL. Do you think your hobbies and passions follow that trend as well?

    I have neither seen the movie or read the books. I feel more and more out of the loop whenever people bring up current TV shows and movies. Michael and I are pretty far off the grid in that regard. We don't even have Netflix anymore!
    In my world I've been super crafty/DIY-ey/creative. DIY hamster homes and hamster play things and "DIY" stickers and home decor... I'm going crazy using my hands to create whatever I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't used the pencils. I haven't done anything crafty for a while now. Life keeps getting in the way. =( I do think I'm getting better about allowing myself to ignore my crafty stuff for a while. I tend to be "all in" on whatever hobby currently interests me. It's like *that* is my obsession and *that* is what I must be doing at all times. It's actually quite hard for me to just let the stamps and inks be and go watch a movie instead.

      Show some of your stickers and stuff in a post!

      ~Deb

      Delete