Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Small Craft Haul

In all the craziness that is my life lately, I tried to back off from buying more craft supplies.  Lawn Fawn had a new spring release recently though, and there were a few things I just couldn't resist.  There are still more from that release that I want, but I held back for now.

How stinkin' cute is this Meow You Doin' stamp and die set????  I know some cat lovers so it seemed obvious that I needed this set.  Of course my first thought is black cats.  I'll need to figure out how to do lighter details though, so they don't just appear to be black blobs.  Stamping in gray ink might look ok for the inner body details but the overall body outline might look weird.  Maybe go over the black coloring with a gray gel type marker or something?  I'll have to do some experimenting.

I was so happy to see that this Fab Flowers set is a layering stamp set.  I've seen some absolutely amazing results from layered stamps and really want to see what I can do with them.

And if I'm going to be doing more colored stamping, well of course I'll need more colors.  I was happy to grab each of the new colors in this Lawn Fawn release, all pastel type colors that are perfect for Easter or spring, or maybe even baby cards.

And because I've accumulated so many ink pads already, I went ahead and got this ink pad storage shelf.  Look at all that room I have to add on to my collection!  lol  Now I need to swatch and label the ends of each one so I can tell at a glance which is which.  (This shelf is not a Lawn Fawn product, and was bought from Amazon.)

And finally, this embossing folder is not Lawn Fawn either but I really wanted something for baby cards and came across this while browsing at Simon Says Stamp.  It's stars and moons so it can be used for other types of cards too.  Can't wait to see how it looks!

That is my little haul for now.  Nothing terribly exciting, I guess, but still fun.

Have you bought anything fun or inspiring lately?

2 comments:

  1. You know I am digging the cats. And I love how organized your inks are! That is brilliant! Are there any colors you are missing on the spectrum? Juuuuuust wondering. I have bought some face masks and Adam bought me a Beautibi box that has skin care and stuff in it, that is pretty fun for me. I did buy some fabric scraps so I can make a few LotR quilt blocks, so that is inspiring for me. I think I want to make at least two blocks over Spring Break. Think I can do it? Do you have any crafting plans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have *all* of the colors Lawn Fawn has to offer. I think that's 40 now. I need to update my Lawn Fawn wish list because I found I have doubles of one stamp set. OOPS!

      No real crafting plans yet, just wanting to get going on it.

      ~Deb

      Delete