Thursday, April 6, 2017

Band of Bloggers - Apr. 2017 / Vol. 16


It's that time of year again! As the warmer weather soothes stiff joints and brushes off the last vestiges of winter, homes beg for the same fresh start everyone promised themselves at the beginning of the year. Clothes are donated, rooms are scrubbed, and yards are tended. While the fauna leave their winter dens or return from long migrations, the world blooms with new growth in vibrant splashes of color.

For April's Band of Bloggers post, we will answer a few questions about Spring and the ever-loved Spring Cleaning. Feel free to join in and answer these questions in the comments below!

Do you decorate for Spring? 
I used to decorate a lot more than I do now.  It wasn't really for spring though, but more for Easter.  The past couple years I've been decorating less and less.  This year I got most of my Easter things out but then just didn't like it and put about 90% back into storage.  I'm not even feeling that old "Oooh that's so cute!  I need to buy it!" urge as I see all the adorable Easter decorations in the stores.  Going minimal is definitely growing on me.

Are there any products you find yourself reaching for as the weather warms? This can be anything; food, clothing, bath and body, wax, you name it!
I can't really think of anything that I start reaching for in spring.  Well, I do get out the few more pastel or spring colored shirts I have, but other than that no.  I start melting less heavy bakery scents in wax as spring comes around, and tend to start melting brighter fun and fruity scents.

Do you participate in the Spring Cleaning craze?
I do not do any big sort of Spring Cleaning.  I suck at housework in general so something is always in need of some major cleaning at any time of year.  LOL  I do look forward to starting to crack windows open on nicer days to help clear out the winter musties.

Don't forget to visit these fellow participants in the Band of Bloggers and help support the blogging community!

Amanda at Thrifty Polished
Liz at Furianne
Sandra at Finger Candy 

If you are a blogger and would like to join the Band of Bloggers for our monthly posts, please contact us. 

8 comments:

  1. I am guessing that spring air is not quite there yet for open windows kind of action?I feel you on the minimal decorating. I do have one teeny tiny pastel flower pot with some silk flowers and an egg in it that I bought form the Dollar Tree that you enabled me on that I should get out. But other than that... not much. Maybe the pastel aqua of my home is springy enough. What fruit scents are you digging right now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had days in the 50s the past week or so and have had some windows cracked open then, but we always drop back down to 30s/40s. This weekend we might get into the 70s!

      I have one of those little flower pots too, and it's one of the few things I have out! lol

      Of course I'm loving my lemon scents, but other than that I've enjoyed a strawberry-banana something or other from Walmart, and something from CFTKR that reminded me of jelly beans. I think it was Kissing in the Berry Patch, or something like that. I'm not ready for tropical scents yet. Those come more towards summer.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I too enjoy pastels and fruity scents for spring. Do you get a lot of wildflowers where you are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some spots along the roadside ditches near me that have some pretty nice wildflowers. There is one road I take when coming home from shopping that has *amazing* wildflowers! I should try and get some pics this year.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who kind of sucks at housework! I just don't put my heart into it, whenever I start a job, I get ADHD and leave it half finished to putter around at some other task.
    I wish I could develop a minimalist style soon-I had one for awhile when I couldn't afford decor, much less tchotchke dusting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never really taught how to do regular housework and cleaning. My mom was a housewife raising six kids, but since four of those are my older brothers I grew up tomboyish and probably rebelled against doing or learning such things. Sounds so incredibly dorky, but it's true. So yeah, cleaning becomes some complicated task for me instead of second nature like it is for others.

      I took an interest in Minimalism not long ago, when I realized I was going more minimal all the time. But wow, some of those people are extreme! Don't buy anything with a logo on it because you're supporting corporate greed? How is that Minimalism? And just some other weird things.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Minimalism is a big thing I've noticed in the past few years. I think it's great, but some people take it so far that their house doesn't even look lived in. I'm all for a minimalistic life, but you have to LIVE too, ya know?
    Another downside is it's very hard to find a replacement desk for my computer. All of the desks, whether gaming or not, have a lack of storage options and seem to assume I want my monitor, keyboard, and mouse to be the only things on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed that some people are extreme about it. Like I mentioned in the previous reply, why is not buying things with logos on minimalism? My minimalism is decluttering things I haven't used in forever, and not creating 'clean lines' in the appearance of kitchen counters, etc. lol

      My desk has a little bit of everything on it. It's a huge one, with shelves and cubbyholes and lots of places for things to gather.

      ~Deb

      Delete