Sunday, April 9, 2017

Easter Cards!

Guys!  I finally had a busy and productive day in the craft room!  I was about ready to dig out the store bought cards when I realized I'd need to get cards sent out in the next day or two, but today things just clicked and I was able to get a bunch of cards made.

I think this one turned out a little too 'busy' looking.  Hubby loves it though.  His tastes tend to run loud and proud, compared to my more simple ones.  He colored the bunny and the basket, pre-Prismacolor pencils.

And here is my simplistic style.  This basket and bunny are done with colored pencil, as is pretty much everything you'll see with these cards.  I'm *loving* colored pencils, and am so glad I didn't dump huge amounts of money into the Copic or Tombow markers!

This one was colored with the Prismacolor pencils.  I actually prefer the Crayola pencils.  Maybe it's just the paper I'm using.

This one is a mix of Tombow marker and stamped inks.  Oh, and a bit of colored pencil too for the bunny ears.

Colored pencils again, these are a mix of Crayola and Prismacolor.

I think this is also a mix.  I'm pretty sure the flowers are Prismacolor, and the eggs are Crayola.

I think I've shown this one before.  It was made a while ago, and I was just playing around with different techniques that day.  Still, it's an Easter card that I made.  Yay!

So what do you think?
Which is your favorite?







8 comments:

  1. Nice job, Deb! They ALL look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft colors and shading of the pencils! I think the chick painting the purple egg is my fave. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm loving about the colored pencils too. I can really control the color and shading. Sometimes I'll just want a quick bold color and I'll reach for markers for that but I'm so glad I've discovered I'm somewhat skilled with pencils. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Ohh, they are soooo adorable! They really look professional; you are very talented. I think the 2nd is my favorite but they're all cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. =)
      I can't even decide which is my favorite.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. These are so great! The colours of spring and Easter lend themselves so nicely to the cute little critters. I like the look of the pencils, too, because you can go as hard or soft as you'd like - I find it's kind of all or nothing with markers and me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I know what you mean about all or nothing! LOL Although with some of my markers I have been able to do some shading. I think my next card making day I might play around with markers again. Now that the Easter cards are out of the way I can start making random ones and get a stash built up.

      ~Deb

      Delete