Saturday, April 15, 2017

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / S'mores

S'mores - 'A traditional campfire treat of sweet graham crackers topped with melted milk chocolate, and a gooey toasted marshmallow. A Homespun Original House Blend.'
 
Keep in mind, this is not my kind of scent.  I'm not a fan of chocolate for home fragrance.  But, I received this as a gift and wanted to give it a try anyway.  Having said all that, I was disappointed in this one.  I did like it on cold sniff.  It was sweeter and more full bodied.  Once melted though, it sort of became flat and a plastic-y note came through.  I think it might have been from the marshmallow, since I've had some icky marshmallow scents over the years (from various vendors).  The chocolate note was strongest behind that plastic note and it became the type I just don't prefer.  The graham cracker notes that were there on cold sniff failed to show up for the warm party.  As I said though, this is not my kind of scent.  I know tons of people absolutely love S'mores scents so I encourage you to go ahead and try this for yourself.
 
I melted this 1.5 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had strong scent.  I turned the warmer off after just a couple hours.
 
[This was a gift.]

No comments:

Post a Comment