Thursday, May 4, 2017

Band of Bloggers - May 2017 / Vol. 17


May, May, May. Welcome back, ol' friend! May is a turning point in the year for a lot of people. The school year is almost over, summer is coming soon, and those mild months will soon become scorchers. The birthstone of May is the emerald, which symbolizes love and success. This month, we're focusing on those two things!

We all love something with all our hearts, so tell us what you love the most. It could be the story of how you met your spouse/significant other, where you got your pet, or a nod to your parental units.
What do I love the most?  Mountain Dew.  LOL  Yes, you can all laugh.  You're probably all thinking about sappy deep things like 'I love my children to the end of the earth and back' or 'I love my husband more than life itself,' but let's keep this real.  I freakin' love Mountain Dew and it will probably be the death of me.  In this house, we can run out of milk or butter or bread and not bat an eye but oh my gosh if there is no Dew in the fridge someone better be hightailing it to the store!

In terms of success, and keeping it blog related, have you ever participated in and/or completed a successful "project wax" or spring wax/perfume/makeup/scented product purge? Have you ever had so much product you felt the need to use it all up before your bought again?
I have never made a specific "project wax" type attempt but I have many times been overwhelmed by the amount of wax I'd accumulated and tried to hold off buying more until the current stash was nearly gone.  I'm most at ease with my stash when it is ridiculously small, like what many people would probably melt through in a day.  LOL  This is why it's become so frustrating to me that there are so few vendors who are open at all times and still have fast TATs.  It used to be that when I was down to my last tart or two I could just hope online and place an order nearly anywhere and have wax within a week.  Now it takes a week just to find a place that's open!

Please, feel free to answer these questions in the comments section below!

We hope you'll visit these Band of Blogger blogs and help support the blogger community!


If you are a blogger and would like to join the Band of Bloggers for our monthly posts, please contact us.

14 comments:

  1. Ah Deb, your fondness for Mountain Dew brings a tear to my eye! I've never been able to touch the stuff. Recently, I won a little give away prize including a lemon-lime fizzy Dew-like wax pie. The scent was amazing! I could feel the bubbles rise up my nose as it melts, and here I thought I didn't like soda scents. The wax world must really be influencing my tastes;) Hoping May finds you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first had a Mountain Dew scented tart years ago and was amazed by how real it seemed. I also had 7Up Pound Cake scent years ago and couldn't believe it. More recently I had Root Beer scent and again, couldn't believe it. Hmm, now I want to order 7Up Pound Cake again.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Hahahahahaaa!!! Yep. I love you. You seriously tickle me. And you sound like my Dad. He used to live by the 'Dew but I think he has tried cutting back. Have you made any cakes or anything with Mountain Dew? That might be fun. But here I am ruining a good thing. Just stick with the plain old 'Dew Julie. Don't go getting crazy.

    Is your stash smallish now? I just saw you did that S&S haul. I am off to read that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not made anything with Mt. Dew but I think maybe my sister has made a cake with it. I should look into some recipes, see what I might possibly like to make.

      The 'everyday stash' is slightly over what I prefer but it's still all in one Regional A box. The fall/winter stash is already overflowing into a second box. *sigh* Now I'll feel all guilty and pressured come fall when I want to buy all the new scents.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Lol @ the Mountain Dew! You may disassociate with me if I tell you I can't stand it. I don't care for most sodas in general but especially can't stand the Dew. But diversity is the spice of life. :) I couldn't get by without teas or milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a Pepsi person many many years ago. Not sure when I was swayed to the Dew side, probably after meeting up with hubby. I still like Pepsi every once in a while but now I have to have absolutely ice cold and poured into a glass. Not sure how that ever came about. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. LOL! I love your response! I would say I'm like that with coffee, but I go long periods of time without coffee for no reason at all and turn out (almost) perfectly fine.

    I want to do what you like to do with your wax stash. Keep it small and simple. Unfortunately it appears the world of online ordering from indie vendors has completely exploded on all fronts and now it's an eternal game of long TATs, pre-orders, and meager RTS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's why I have a couple favorites I will order from....ones that are always open and have TATs in days instead months. There are other vendors I like but I'm not going to play those silly games just to try and get some wax.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. Ah, now here's a woman after my own heart - all those other saps (kidding, kidding) lovin' on their families, and you and I holding our Mountain Dew and inebriated shopping close to our hearts. ;) Really, though, I tell my husband I love him all the time, but does my new blue lipstick know how I feel about IT? I think not. All about spreading the love, baby (I was actually seconds from rhapsodizing about gingerale, because I love IT!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...but does my new blue lipstick know how I feel about IT?"
      Oh my gosh, this cracked me up! And I agree, those other loves are a given. We gotta keep these things lively and fun! LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  6. Lol at the Mountain Dew. I'm so Pepsi, but lately I like to have both around so I can alternate. (Actually it's Kmart brand "Mountain Rapids" 😂) I think it was after you and Kurth got together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually have Dew and something else, whatever we're in that mood for at that time, in the fridge. That other flavor changes all the time but there is always Dew.

      I've found I often prefer RC to Pepsi, but if I were to do a blind taste test I'd probably never know the difference. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  7. That you became a big Dew-er.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always liked Dew, I know that. (I'm recalling a pic of my old bedroom with a stack of Dew and Pepsi cans....) But yeah, I think it was that Kurth's always preferred Dew to Pepsi and I eventually swung to the Dew side.

      ~Deb

      Delete